3 Months and 49 Pounds Gone

jerriawbrey
on 4/26/12 6:24 am - FL
VSG on 01/23/12
I liked seeing people ahead of me who posted after my surgery so I thought I would post once a month about my experiences and maybe others will be encouraged.

Good Things First:

I am down 49 pounds since surgery and it's been 3 months.  I lose about 3-4 pounds per week but for some reason I lost 6 last week.  I don't weight every day - it's to unreliable!  I have gone from a size 24 to 16's.  3x shirts to Extra Large.  Yes - I have shopped in normal clothing store departments and had things fit!!!

I have gotten rid of 4 Garbage Bags of Fat Clothes

I don't crave sweets or carbs or really anything except cottage cheese and pineapple.  It's wierd and I can't explain it - I used to be a BREAD and SWEETS addict.  I honestly can say I never am hungry and I eat very simly:  1 protien shake in the morning with fruit and yogurt added;  Lunch is usually slice or Turkey, cottage cheese or 2-3 oz. of leftovers; Dinner I still make for my family which is usually a meat, fish, or casserole with veggies as our sides.  I am still only able to eat small amounts and i cut small pieces and CHEW.  Then around 7-8 p.m., I have another shake - I like to do chocolate with skim milk and heat it so it tastes like Hot Chocolate.  Yummy before bed.   I also only drink water.

I could be doing better on exercise but I am very active and I swim or bike when I can and do weight training on my arms.  Maybe - 2-3 times a week.  I know I need to work on that.

I just have to say that today at work - my pants were falling off (I have not bought new like I should) - Anyway my co-worker had to zip-tie my belt loops!  I consider that a good thing.

I am so much more comfortable doing every day things:  painting my toenails; laying flat against my husband (hee-hee); fitting into chairs; wearing shoes with heels; and just in general feeling so much better.

Sleep Apnea - Gone
High Blood Pressure Medicine - Gone

Bad Things:

I have gotten sick about 4 times from either eating too much or too fast.  I am learning very quickly to go SLOW.

I have to go buy some clothes - I literally have nothing that fits (not sure if that is a bad thing my check book thinks so!)

Very, very little hair loss and really not much more than the usual.  And I have recently gotten it dyed for the first time.

Picture of my hubby and I this past weekend!

Good Lucky Everyone - if you have any questions I am happy to share.  Love Love Love

TNERNURSE
on 4/26/12 6:34 am
Awesome! I would be excited to lose almost 50 lbs in three months! keep up the great job!

Jackie F.
on 4/26/12 6:35 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
way to go!!! high five!
HW: 275 GW: 130

AmberK
on 4/26/12 6:40 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Wow, You look great! Congrats! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Krissy_67
on 4/26/12 7:03 am
VSG on 04/17/12
WOOOHOOO!!!!! That is soooo exciting and you look fantastic!!
felicity2u
on 4/26/12 7:25 am - LA
Lookin' good! Keep it up!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

cassi777
on 4/26/12 10:07 am
VSG on 07/03/12
 You look amazing!! You definitely have encouraged me! I know I won't be able to lose what you have in 3 months, but I am hopeful that I'll see progress. Knowing that things get better makes the not so fun stuff seem more bearable. Thank you so much for sharing!!! You are definitely an inspiration to me!
Dawn L.
on 4/26/12 9:22 pm
You look great keep up the good work my surgery was one week after you i am down 48 pds but dont loose steady two weeks nothing 3rd week 5 pounds ect. same size pants shirts still 2x  doesnt feel so good to be in a size 16 it makes it all worth it when we can see the progress congrads your weight lose so far.
AdeanaMarie
on 4/27/12 12:39 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Congratulations... you are doing fabulous!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 113 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 337 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 386 views