1 Year Surgiversary & No Smoking Plus Century Club (Photo Whoring)

Sweetitalian1
on 4/28/12 1:18 am - CA
Well...I do like to say "GO BIG OR GO HOME".

Yesterday was my 1 year surgiversary. It is also the same day I smoked my last cigarette. In the same week, I lost that stubborn last 3-5 pounds. I have officially lost 100 lbs in this year’s journey. My starting weight was 237 lbs and today I am 137 lbs.

So here is a top ten recount of this last year:

1. Quit smoking day of surgery….i know I know….bad girl….shhh….don’t tell my surgeon.
2. Walked 6 mi event July 2011 and half marathon Nov 2011
3. Ran Half Marathon in 2:20 hr in April 2012
4. Broke up with boyfriend after 4 years (lifestyles became too different and other factors)
5. Have new boyfriend with same views on healthy and active living.....and boy is he hot!
6. Started to get period again after about 5 years of not getting one due to being overweight apparently...kind of a bummer.
7. I have an entire new wardrobe and the visa bill to prove it.
8. Discovering what great fun I have with my friends on activities and events that I never did before....like training, hiking, running, clubbing, discussing healthily foods and recipes.
9. Discovering all sorts of hormones in my body.....can you say horny honey badger?
10. Loving my family and friends for all of their love, encouragement and support they have provided me throughout my journey. I love them so much for what they have given me. My two biggest supporters are Helga and Sabrina. I know how proud you are of me but I am the lucky one to have such awesome cheer-leaders on each side of me. Thank you Thank you.

Ok, now to the photo whoring

Pre-Op 40th Birthday Dec 2010 237 lbs

1 Year Post- Op April 2012 137 lbs

Thank to my OH friends for your support, inspiration and always being there as a sounding board.

To all the newbies.....enjoy the journey.

Sheila

sidneystuart
on 4/28/12 1:42 am
an inspiration...what's next?
sweettooth58
on 4/28/12 1:44 am - IL
Congratulations!!!!
skinnime12
on 4/28/12 1:44 am
WOW!! You look amazing and your tummy is SO FLAT!!!! Congrats!!
favrow812
on 4/28/12 1:47 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Congrats on your success

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

kahlana
on 4/28/12 1:53 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
WOW!! Congrats on all your accomplishments! You look fabulous and so very happy! Keep up the great work!

My Blog My Facebook

Sally D.
on 4/28/12 2:06 am
VSG on 03/14/12
CONGRATS - YOU LOOK GREAT. WHAT A JOURNEY. IM STARTING AT THE SAME WEIGHT YOU DID... HOPE MY ONE YEAR IS 100 DIFFERENT

fireman441
on 4/28/12 2:36 am - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 you look super thanks for the post...

Krissy_67
on 4/28/12 3:07 am
VSG on 04/17/12
Holy crap!!! You look awesome!!!! I'm very encouraged by this. I started my journed at 219 and since you were just a tad bit more than me I would like to know, have you had any loose, droopy skin issues? Did you have to have any removed? Congratulations cause you look so great!!!!
Sweetitalian1
on 4/28/12 3:44 am - CA
Thank you.  I had a breast lift & reduction 4 months ago I had a tummy tuck about 8 years and luckily it held strong with gaining weight back and then losing it again. I have some loose skin on my arms, butt and inner thighs.  Its not enough to warrant plastics and I work out and weightlift to work on the toning. Its has helped the arms and butt a bit.  it takes time. No help for the inner thighs though and I am ok with that.

Sheila

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views