has any VSG'r gone vegan successfully?

AdeanaMarie
on 4/30/12 5:04 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I have heard about that too.  But I must say.  I feel fantastic and since I am gluten free, soy free and need to be dairy free (as far as liquids), this was the only protein powder that did not aggrevate my system.  (I have Crohn's Disease as well).  My nutritionist okayed it, but at first she was concerned that it wasn't a soy protein.  Hello, soy beans are plant based right?  So not sure why vegetable protein would not benefit our bodies?  Anyway, research it and make sure it is a right fit.  I find it on Amazon and the chocolate is my favorite (2 pound container is about $22, which is 30 servings, but you can buy sample packs too)  Sometimes you can find it at a gluten free store or health food store, but it is usually more than Amazon.  I do get a ton of protein from cottage cheese, cheese and greek yogurt... so right now, during the weight loss phase I am keeping a good balance of plant/animal protein.  Not really loving any type of meat or eggs right now.  Not sure why, because I used to love both.  But just making sure the protein is between 60-80.  Many days I am over 80 grams with no meat or eggs.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Laney B.
on 4/30/12 5:43 am
 frankly, this protein powder looks AWESOME, just ordered some! i'm so glad i met you! :) this has given me a renewed hope! also, there's a book on amazon about eating organic vegetarian on 5 bucks a day that i think i will order... should make my husband happy if it's cheap :) thank you so much for answering my post, dear... xoxoxoxox
AdeanaMarie
on 4/30/12 9:57 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Let me know if you like the book. I would love to eat more organic and natural... just sometimes hard on the budget. But now that I hardly eat anything, I might be able to make the switch easier.
Laney B.
on 5/1/12 1:35 am
 they just phoned me and told me the protein powder is not available, ugh, hard to get in canada... anyway, here's the link to the book i'm not sure if i will get it yet, but there's alot of reviews you can read on amazon
AdeanaMarie
on 5/1/12 4:32 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Bummer about the protein.  I didn't realize you were in Canada.  Thanks for the link.  I have been waiting for the Canadian show "Corner Gas" to go on sale on Amazon.  Love that show!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Laney B.
on 5/1/12 12:09 pm
 haha i don't have a tv... yeah the protein is hard to get in canada, amazon won't even ship to me, total bummer!
AdeanaMarie
on 5/1/12 10:02 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I tried doing without a TV for awhile... sure read and slept alot.  Ha!  I do not have cable, just basic TV and I watch a lot of the BBC movie series.  I really need to stop watching so much of it.  Perhaps I should fast from TV/movies for awhile.  Once the weather is nice, I can get outside and exercise more and read out on my deck.  What Province do you live in?  I am in Michigan, so have been to Canada a few time.  I love Toronto and saw Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages (??) Theater years ago.  It was incredible.

Laney B.
on 5/2/12 3:28 am
 well we mostly got rid of the TV because it stopped working and we couldn't afford another, but then found we liked the peace and quiet around our house lol... i miss the 'company' sometimes tho :) we aren't militant non tv watchers or anything haha, i have netflix and hubby seems pretty glued to it ... i'm out on the west coast by the way, where it rains most of the year round... the last theatre experience i had was M. Butterfly, many years ago
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views