Feeling very frustrated

Onmyway143
on 5/3/12 5:52 am - NY
Surgery was March 5th.  Did awesome the first four weeks and lost 34 lbs.  I am walking 45 minutes on my lunch 3-4 times a week and taking 2-3 Zumba classes a week.  Also trying to fit in a Kettlebell workout or 2 in.

I haven't seen a loss in almost 3 weeks and I am starting to get very frustrated.  My husband tells me it takes time, my sister tells me I building muscle and my overwieght mother tells me I need to swtich things up.  What the heck does that mean??

I am wearing a size 20 jeans rights now and they are totally baggy, could wear an 18 but I really want to be wearing a size 16 by the time middle of June.  I feel like I am exercising like a fool and seeing no results on the scale.  It is back to being my worst enemy!

TRISH S.
on 5/3/12 6:10 am
VSG on 07/03/12

When was the last time you lost 34 lbs. in four weeks?  Your doing everything right. Your body needs time to readjust after such a large weight loss so quickly. Be your own best friend, and it will happen. Focus on the good things that have happened in your life.

Maureen K.
on 5/3/12 6:17 am
 Correct your body needs time to figure out what is happening I lost 20 lbs 10 before surgery and ten the first week and then not an ounce for five long weeks I was sure it was not going to work for me but I'm happy to say it did I reached goal at 8 months and below goal by one year so hang in there we all want instant gratification but we didn't get this way in two months can't expect it to fall off that quick hang tough you are doing everything right and it will happen 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

calculady
on 5/3/12 2:02 pm
VSG on 04/03/12
 Thanks for your post. I'm beginning to think the surgery isn't going to work for me.  

Could_It_Be
on 5/3/12 6:19 am
 Use the search feature up there on the left and type in 3 week stall, there are TONS of threads about this.

It will be FINE, just follow your plan!

VSG on 6/22/11
Onmyway143
on 5/3/12 7:10 am - NY
Thank you all!

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/12 2:01 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Put that scale up for a while! It will drive you insane! If it brings back frustration and sabotaging behavior, what good is it? It's like the best friend who stabs you in the back the minute you turn around. Weigh yourself once a week or once a month! I only weigh myself once a month because I cherish my sanity. I promised myself that this surgery was not going to be another unhealthy battle with the scale. I am eating right, exercising right, and have faith that this is working. Clothes are getting baggy, inches are falling off, and i know it's working. i don't have to have the scale validate my work. Trust me, I understand the scale frustration. It used to make me crazy when I would diet and exercise and not lose. Not doing that to my mental health this time around! Screw the scale for a while!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 387 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 420 views