DISNEY!

Seldern
on 5/10/12 3:43 am - Belmont , NC
We are going in 2 weeks and opted OUT of the meal plan. Family of 4. 21 month old eats for free, 4 year old will eat off kids menu and hubby off the regular menu. Has anyone been and meal shared? Did you have any problems with them letting you? I have a medical card from my Dr.

Thanks for any info!
SARAH VSG 8-29-2011

Krazydoglady
on 5/10/12 3:54 am - FL
I'm at the various parks & Downtown Disney in Orlando a couple of times a month (my husband works for the Mouse in  the Team Disney building across from  Planet Hollywood).  I've never had issues sharing a meal, but I haven't tried it with the buffet's.We generally avoid the buffets.  There's a WDW dining ap for iPhone you can get to preview menus.  I use it all the time. I would make reservations ahead of time for sit-down eating, particularly at Epcot. 

I have had sleeve friendly meals at virtually all the restuarants at one point or another.  We were at the Japanese restaurant in Epcot last week for hub's birthday. It's sushi and hibachi style japanese. I ate the meat and veggies but not the rice or noodles (plus a glass of wine). 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Seldern
on 5/10/12 3:57 am - Belmont , NC
Oh NO buffets for us. Don't think we have eaten at one in almost a year now.
SARAH VSG 8-29-2011

Krazydoglady
on 5/10/12 4:19 am - FL
My nieces like to do the 'Character Dining' experiences, and several of them are buffets like the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom.  If we go to one, my brother-in-law picks up the tab since he knows I wouldn't normally 'buffet.'  It's a small price to pay, I guess, for getting to enjoy some of the other 'perks' that come with going to the park with us.
LoveNevrNds
on 5/10/12 4:41 am
VSG on 02/22/12
 Too fun!  I am going in two weeks also!  We normally just pack or pick up snacks during the day and do one of the sit down places for dinner.  Never had a problem with splitting a meal.  But what is this medical card from your Dr?  I want one!  LOL
Tasha

Seldern
on 5/10/12 4:48 am - Belmont , NC
Awesome! Where are you guys staying? We are staying a Pop Century. Checking in Wednesday.
The nutritionist actually gave them to us but it's like a business card that basically says for medical reasons the person needs to be able to food share or eat off the kids menu.
Do you just tell the waiter you will be sharing because you had surgery or what do you say?
We are doing the same thing. Taking breakfast and lunch foods and doing a sit down dinner. After pricing food there is just no way we would get our money out of even the cheapest food plan which would be almost $200 a day.
SARAH VSG 8-29-2011

Krazydoglady
on 5/10/12 5:23 am - FL
You don't need to tell the waiter why you're sharing, just tell them to bring an extra plate.  Lots of people share meals -- particularly in Florida. The old people almost always share meals :) 
LoveNevrNds
on 5/10/12 10:36 am
VSG on 02/22/12
 Yeah we jut ask for an extra plate, or I sit next to who I am sharing with and we literally share the plate of food. I am staying with family that live near the park. Have a blast!!!
Tasha

duranie512
on 5/10/12 6:16 am - OH
I just went less than a month ago.  I could eat off the kids menu as long as they had an ele carte menu.  When it came to character dinners (if your going to any) you can ask if you can sit while everyone eats so you can have the experience.  I just couldn't justify spending 37 plus dollars on a buffet.  When we got quick service meals, the kids meal where almost big enough that I could share with my 3 year old.  A few times I got my own kids meal and it was PLENTLY!! 

duranie512
on 5/10/12 6:19 am - OH
Another thing, they don't care if you have a medical card or not.  We called ahead of time to find all this stuff out.  Have Fun!!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views