burning throat???

Dallaswyatt
on 5/29/12 9:13 am - CA
So has any one else had this problem....I am already on 40 mg protonix and carafate 3 times a day, awaiting an endoscopy, had vsg 3/23 and ever since i started eating solid foods the burning in my throat is unreal....I had reflux prior to surgery but it was controlled on pepcid alone...the burning is continuous and is not relieved with anything...i have tried tums, maalox, everything under the sun...I am miserably awaiting a scope....any ideas on what it could be or why? Also awaiting results for a work up of MS tomorrow....had some facial numbness and dr wanted to do full workup to make sure it wasnt MS....just wondering if there is some relation to the burning throat???
kimbethin
on 5/29/12 9:33 am - CA
It could just be that you haven't found the right ppi combo yet.  I don't know much about MS but hope for the best. Sending good thoughts your way for good test results!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Dallaswyatt
on 5/30/12 2:00 am - CA
thanks kimbethin......i am being optmistic....only thing you can do at this point...
loverofcats
on 5/29/12 9:45 am
Maybe, see if your doc would increase the Protonix to twice/day? Using Zantac or another acid reducer might help. There are other "****tails" that can be used to control acid. It sounds like acid, not MS. The acid can be common after VSG. Maybe, try to go back to foods that don't increase the acid production.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views