Snack at the Movies?

Happy966
on 6/3/12 7:37 am

OK, here is my weird response.  I don't go to the movies much, because I find smelling the popcorn too hard.  It's just easier not to go, unless it's really a movie worthy of a big screen.  Don't know if I'll always feel this way, and maybe I'll eat popcorn again.  But it works for me now.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

stephintexas
on 6/3/12 9:00 am
I take crystal light packets with me and buy a HUGE water and drink it. I have to pee like 2 times during the movie but the water helps me feel satisfied. I struggle at the movies. The fam eats all kind of junk and I LOVE cinnamon pretzels and thin mints. I have cheated several times and while I didn't feel sick, I felt disappointed in myself.  The food is expensive and goes fast. I have wondered about what crunchy snack I can have someday when I hit goal. I'm thinking maybe organic snack mix from Whole Foods or maybe some sort of healthy protein. I plan ahead like that, for mental purposes. "Some day on maintenance, I can do such and such but for today, I am doing this..."

lowbrass03
on 6/3/12 2:14 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12
 the perfect snack for a movie is popcorn!!! 
now since you are just a few weeks out, i cant have anything other than your shakes and stuff we eat at that stage. 

but later on if you are at the movies, why not eat some popcorn? 
of course you would have to take your own.  
Popcorn is great for you, they are full of antioxidants and taste great. but you will have to make your own. No microwave popcorn, or kettle corn... u should get a hot air popper. then take a serving or two in a ziploc bag so u can enjoy some popcorn. (2 servings if u gonna share) 
best of luck enjoy the movie and stay away from movie theater popcorn lol
JV_ladybug
on 6/4/12 2:01 pm - San Antonio, TX
VSG on 04/10/12
 I went to the movies on Sunday (Snow White & The Huntsman). Before we got to the theater, we had lunch. I had 3/4 of my 6oz sirloin and was full, so I didn't feel like snacking. I've always done this, though. Eat first, then go to the movies. The concession is too darn expensive. I mean, come on, $6.00 for a small bag of popcorn?!

Starting: 284. Op Day: 264. Current: 185.80. Goal: 180.
Main goal: To be able to take the "morbidly" out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views