Snack at the Movies?

jamiectone
on 6/3/12 1:06 am
 I am only two weeks out so I am not doing anything yet but I am going to a movie this afternoon and I got to thinking....what are some healthy, take in your bag type of snacks for during a movie?

I am taking a Fruit2O (peach flavor) with me today.
rhearob
on 6/3/12 1:10 am - TN
 At two weeks out, that's about all you can take.  On solids, I like to either take a cheese stick if I have the snack calories.  If not, I will take some roasted edamame as a meal replacement and eat it like popcorn.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

moonglo82
on 6/3/12 1:12 am
VSG on 03/29/12
String cheese! Others will probably say beef jerky, but I can't stand the stuff, so cheese it is for me.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

joannalee
on 6/3/12 2:01 am - Victoria, TX
 I went to the movies pretty early out I made sure I had my flavored water of course but I took my spoon with a little container of sugar free jello and applesauce.....

hwag5149
on 6/3/12 2:45 am
I took tuna in a container and the people in the theater hated me because it smelled so strong. I didn't care because their damn popcorn smelled so strong! 

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

MonaLyssa33
on 6/3/12 7:41 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17
haha that made me laugh.  What we VSGers will do for our protein.

Highest Weight ~400, Surgery Weight 293, Current Weight 227, Goal Weight 180

Highest BMI: 59.1, Current BMI: 32, Goal BMI: 25

VSG on February 20, 2017

justeric78
on 6/3/12 2:47 am - Houston, TX
Reading this took me back to my movie experience post op. I had a leak and was nothing by mouth for a few months. after about 6 weeks of moping around the house my wife decided she was taking me to the movies haha. So glad i can laugh about this now. i got my backup together that contained my TPN which is liquid nourishment in a bag. It had a pump that quietly whirred all day siphoning in a few CCs here and there. I remember feeling so sorry for myself. walking up to the theatre with cables and IVs hanging out of my sleeves going into my backpack. God only knows what people were thinking. You know though, i had one of the best times that day. i had forgotten what going out was like. I had nothing to snack on but my IV lol. watching people laughing and eating. I knew it was going to be okay. I'm sorry to hijack but felt like I should share. Enjoy the movies and getting out. who cares about the snacks, just be happy you have made a good choice for yourself...sip sip sip and have a good time.

Shagdoll
on 6/3/12 3:03 am
At 2 weeks out, I was still on liquids so I would probably bring a RTD Protein Shake.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Mom4Jazz
on 6/3/12 3:39 am, edited 6/3/12 3:40 am
I have an odd perspective on this. I will post it for you to think about, but I'm not saying my choice is best for you. Fair enough?

One of the habits I'm trying to break is programmed snacking: I always eat cookies in front of the TV or I always grab a donut at the office when someone brings it...lots of examples, and they vary from person to person but the truth is that we all have situations where we eat just because we have always eaten in that situation.

I stood back and asked myself post-op: Why do I need to snack at the movies? If you assume that "because that's what I've always done" isn't a valid response (I've always been obese, too) there isn't any reason.

So...my suggestion on what to take to snack on at the movies is: Nothing.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

happyteacher
on 6/3/12 7:10 am
 My kids work in the local AMC so the hubby and I get free movies- so we are pros at this!  My favorite is to take a bag of Kays protein chips parmesean flavor.  We carry in our own drinks, since water doesn't work so well for me and I have sworn of sugar and  carbonated drinks.  Sometimes when I crave popcorn I take a bag of the 100 calorie pack of white cheddar popcorn.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active