I know how hard it is to have WLS

Suzanne B.
on 6/2/12 9:04 am, edited 6/2/12 9:09 am - OR
Hi Everyone,

I know how difficult it is to have weight loss surgery.  We have tried so many diets and failed or lost the weight to only gain it back again and again.  I was reading an article a few days ago on this site and they said over 800 people die every day because of obesity. 

Come on love yourself enough to know that having WLS is YOUR answer to becoming healthy and making a life style change that is going to save your own life.  I am living proof that it works.  I highly recommend  having the sleeve--I lost 105 pounds.  I love my doctor who is Dr. Aceves and he was the best for me.  When picking a doctor take your time to check him out ask people 100's of questions about their experience.  I have nothing but good things to say about my doctor and his staff and his hospital where I did my recovery. You want the very best you can for yourself.

Don't give one more day of your life away being fat and putting yourself at risk to die.  You are worth the effort and work it takes to become healthy and thin and be able to stay that way for the rest of your life.  I had surgery in 2008 and have maintained my 105 pound weight loss.  Don't be one of the 800 people who are going to die today because of obesity.

Hugs, and take care of you FIRST!
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
2much2do
on 6/2/12 9:30 am
 congratulation on maintaining I am in process and it is very nice to hear success stories

Suzanne B.
on 6/3/12 10:02 am - OR
On June 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM Pacific Time, 2much2do wrote:
 congratulation on maintaining I am in process and it is very nice to hear success stories

You are very welcome. I know that once you get to you weight, you will know how to maintain it.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
starry957
on 6/2/12 9:31 am
Thanks for your post!  It's nice for me - not having my referral yet or surgery date - to see someone who is longer out of surgery with VSG - I've heard varying things about the lack of longer-term data on the VSG.  I'm just getting started and I "think" VSG is what I'm hoping to get. 

Kerry
Suzanne B.
on 6/3/12 10:07 am - OR
On June 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM Pacific Time, starry957 wrote:
Thanks for your post!  It's nice for me - not having my referral yet or surgery date - to see someone who is longer out of surgery with VSG - I've heard varying things about the lack of longer-term data on the VSG.  I'm just getting started and I "think" VSG is what I'm hoping to get. 

Kerry
 Hi,

I wish you great success in your journey.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
ronniesnana
on 6/2/12 9:51 am
Great success story. All of us that are waiting for surgery appreciate that .
Suzanne B.
on 6/3/12 10:12 am - OR
On June 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM Pacific Time, ronniesnana wrote:
Great success story. All of us that are waiting for surgery appreciate that .
Hi,

It is hard sitting and waiting.  I was lucky to be a self pay and could pick the doctor I wanted.  Hang in there you are going to be there before you know it.  The sleeve has been my answer to weight loss.  I wish you great success.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
hwag5149
on 6/2/12 10:09 am
I like your message :) I do have to remind myself that WLS is not for everyone but it is awesome for us to be positive examples and success stories. Seeing someone successfully go through WLS and how their life changed is what made me consider having it in the first place. The more I saw her life evolve the more I became sad about my life. Before that, I wouldn't have considered it regardless of how badly I "needed" it. It really didn't even seem like something realisti****il she did it. 

I truly feel that seeing a real life success story walking around in front of you is the best way to convince people that it MIGHT be a good option for them.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Suzanne B.
on 6/3/12 10:15 am - OR
On June 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM Pacific Time, hwag5149 wrote:
I like your message :) I do have to remind myself that WLS is not for everyone but it is awesome for us to be positive examples and success stories. Seeing someone successfully go through WLS and how their life changed is what made me consider having it in the first place. The more I saw her life evolve the more I became sad about my life. Before that, I wouldn't have considered it regardless of how badly I "needed" it. It really didn't even seem like something realisti****il she did it. 

I truly feel that seeing a real life success story walking around in front of you is the best way to convince people that it MIGHT be a good option for them.
Hi,

You are so right about that.  I had surgery because I saw someone lose a lot of weight and she is a Nurse Practitioner and I trusted her so much.  She did make me do a lot of my own research.  Then one of my friends had weight loss surgery after she saw me lose the weight.  So I wish you great success in your journey!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Pkrplyr777
on 6/2/12 10:16 am - CT
I agree. Don't be one of those people that think WLS is easy but it IS A GREAT TOOL for those of us who have had unsuccessful attempts at diets.
You do NOT need to be OBESE for the rest of your life!

Just ask a lot of questions, be open minded, do your research and go for it!
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views