FRUSTRATED!!!

jenngirl
on 6/6/12 6:54 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Okay, so I will have been on the pre-surgery liquid diet THREE weeks tomorrow. My doctor's office was SUPPOSED to call me today to work out a surgery date with me. it isalmost 5 o'clock. I called and spoke to the woman who handles this three hours ago, and she said she was with a patient and would call me back. Guess what, I don't think this woman works every day. WHO KNOWS when I will get my date. Thanks a lot, way to dash my hopes. I don't think I would be so upset if I had not already be placed on the "four" week liquid diet three weeks ago.
Shagdoll
on 6/6/12 7:00 am
Vent away gurl!!!
Wouldn't it be nice for them to take into consideration how long you are put on a 4 week liquid diet??? I'm surprised you don't already have a date. So does this mean they might just spring it on you tomorrow that your surgery date is next Wednesday, 6/13? This sounds good but I dont know if you were able to make plans to be off work if you work, etc...
Best of luck gurl. Keep us posted on your date. I hope you can get an answer tomorrow if it's sometime next week.
Hugs,

Jenn  

WWBD?  

melly37
on 6/6/12 7:03 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Gosh, I don't blame you for being upset!!  Hope you get some news quick!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

jenngirl
on 6/6/12 7:08 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I waited until 4:59 and I called her back! She answered...suprisingly! She is now going to have to call the hospital and supposedly call me back today.  I still do not have a date though!!  I have to go to full liquids for two weeks pre-surgery and also have to be on the C-pap for one more week. It would be lovely to have it in two weeks!! But I have to have my FMLA papers done. Do you know that they said that they do not fill out the FMLA until AFTER the surgery! How common is that. Did anyone else have a problem with that?
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/12 9:25 am - Lewisville, TX
That's very unusual for them to say they won't fill out FMLA until after surgery because most employers require that BEFORE you go out for surgery and they already know the post-op plan as to how long MINIMUM you'll be out. I would ask again and make sure because that sounds so screwy.

Hope they get your date soon and you don't have to do another 2 wks of this...I know how much it sucks...

Mom78
on 6/6/12 1:59 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
Mine would do a note in advance, but the paperwork was done after.  They don't know the amount of time you require to recovery, everyone is so different!

Good luck!
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

jenngirl
on 6/6/12 7:11 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Sorry, I forgot to mention in the first post I am on partial liquids. I still get one meal of 3 oz lean meat and 1 cup non-starchy veggie. Have to be on full liquids two weeks prior to surgery though.
jenngirl
on 6/7/12 12:39 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I feel so much better this morning. I got my little venting spell out of the way, and I got my date this morning and it is...
June 25th!!!
Man, that is like two weeks away, I cannot wait! YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views