This is really happening!!

Triciajoy
on 6/6/12 9:42 am
I passed my psych evaluation today.  That is another step done.  Only 5 more classes at Kaiser and 3 more tests.  This is going by so quickly.  Just had to share my joy!!

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 6/6/12 9:48 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
Yay!!!I have Kaiser too but I feel like its dragging. I am in Northern Ca going through Fremont Program. I started all this in November and completed my final appt on May 11th and now I am sitting here waiting for the call to schedule my surgery which I was told probably not until August because they are behind:/ Good luck on your journey!!!

Triciajoy
on 6/7/12 2:41 am
Do you guys have to complete a 12 week course?  We have to complete that and then we get referred.  It usually takes about 2-3 weeks after the course ends to meet with a surgeon.  My will end on July 6th and on average surgery is about a month afterwards.  I thought Northern California moved faster?  By the way, I grew up in Hayward. 

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 6/7/12 3:08 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 No I went to an orientation class. Then I had a class with a surgeon and NUT a few weeks later then I met with my surgeon,NUT, and coordinator all in the same day. My surgeon wanted me to lose 13lbs before I could be scheduled. Well I did that finally and now they tell me they are running behind and I have to wait till August for my surgery. I put myself on a cancellation list though in hopes it could be sooner if they have a cancellation. Oh the agony of waiting!!! I grew up in Livermore!!! Small world!!

Nadurra Deb
on 6/6/12 9:54 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
YAH! That's great! So when do you think you will be getting your surgery? I'm feeling like this waiting is taking forever!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Triciajoy
on 6/7/12 2:42 am
Hi!  How long have you been waiting?  Are you going through Kaiser as well?  My surgery will probably be in August or September according to the nurses in the program.  It takes about a month after my class ends for surgery...that's on average.

Nadurra Deb
on 6/7/12 8:16 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I have CIGNA, not kaiser. It will be Oct-Nov until get my surgery. I have the 6 month doctor suprvised deal. I have had one class. Next week I have another. Seems like forever!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views