3 days out

SPT0929
on 6/7/12 9:25 am - LA
VSG on 06/05/12
I had my VSG 6/5/12. I'm doing good with liquids. The only problem I'm having is some pain. Just wondering how long the pain typically lasts.
jennergirl
on 6/7/12 12:08 pm - OR
VSG on 05/30/12
I 'm a little bit ahead of you and my pain was gone after 3-4 days, then just continued with the gas pains & incisional stretching feeling when I moved wrong.  I was sleeping on my side by day 5 & things get better every day.  Your body has been thru some major surgery & some pain is expected.   You'll feel better every day though.

SPT0929
on 6/7/12 12:16 pm - LA
VSG on 06/05/12
 Thanks! That's good to know! I'm not really having that much gas pain, my guess is it's just from the stretching during surgery. I can pretty much sleep on my side now with very little pain. I find it better if I lean against a pillow. Best of luc to you!
moonglo82
on 6/7/12 12:14 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Depends on what kind of pain you're talking about.

I was sore in my abdomen area for a few days, particularly around my largest incision. By day five or six I felt worlds better on the soreness front. Just make sure you don't push yourself too much, and get as much res****er, and protein as you can.

If you're talking about gas pain, that continued, although steadily improved, over a week and a half or so. Best thing you can do for that is to walk as much as possible and do your breathing exercises.

Ultimately, by day five or six, I really turned a huge corner. Most of us seem to have that happen at some point by the end of the first week... the exact timing can vary.

Keep taking care of yourself, and you'll feel better in no time

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views