Pregnancy Advice

duranie512
on 6/7/12 1:34 am - OH
I am just about 9 months and 7 days out from surgery.  I have met my goal weight and still losing.  I am currently just about 10 week pregnant.  I was wondering if anyone can give me advice how to gain weight the healthy way??  I am still pretty restricted with my food.

Thanks

USAF Wife
on 6/7/12 4:25 am
My first advice is to consult your OB, but there is no reason to gain weight. With my first post-op baby I didn't gain hardly anything during the first trimester, all my gaining came in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. And, in those last 2 trimester, I piled on 35lbs which is perfectly acceptable for my pre-pregnancy weight. I dropped 25lbs within 4-5 weeks of delivery of Tatum last October, had started getting back into my maintenance eating plan and found out I was pregnant again just 2.5 months after Tatum's delivery. I'm 21 weeks into my 2nd post-VSG pregnancy, and this pregnancy is vastly differently. I've battled all day sickness, chronic fatigue, and have already gained 14-15lbs. My babies will be 11 months apart in age.

Your OB should give you an outline for calories/protein/carbs/water intake per day. You do not have to double or triple your calorie intake. Usually the recommendation is to add a mere 200-300 calories per day. A balance of carbs and protein, healthy fats are recommended along with a good vitamin regimen. The main key is water intake. I was and again with this pregnancy told to drink 80-100ounces of fluids. Because I'm having low BP I actually have to take in 120-130ounces of clear fluids a day on top of food requirements.

I would recommend strolling over to the Pregnancy After Weight Loss forum and kind of reading around. It's a pretty slow forum, a lot of just had babies around the same time. But, there is good information there.

Take the information, advice and opinions very lightly until you speak with your own medical team. Remember, the baby will take what it needs from you. It's your body that you need to protect.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views