Just starting the journey...

Karebare50
on 6/8/12 12:25 am - Troy, NY
This is my first day home from the hospital.  Surgery was successfull and even though I had a bit more pain than I anticipated due to previous scar tissue, I had no nausea, no reflux and all else has been fine.  Just dealing with some phantom hunger.  I need some good sources for purchasing decent tasting protein shakes.  I would like to try and get in 3 a day and I will max out on SF Carnation Instant Breakfast sooner rather than later.  Excited to start seeing some results!
Kevin H.
on 6/8/12 1:31 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Welcome to the loosers bench!  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

moonglo82
on 6/8/12 1:34 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Welcome to the loser's bench! Can't wait to follow your progress!

Do you have a Sam's or Costco near you? If so, I highly recommend the Premier Protein shakes. At 11 oz, they have 160 calories and 30 grams of protein. They are ready to drink, no need to mix with milk or anything, and don't have any kind of funky texture or after taste.

Good luck in finding a protein that you like! Take care of yourself

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

roxyrocks808
on 6/8/12 1:43 am - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
I tried these and they had bits and chunks in them after I shook them really good, they didn't taste bad but I couldn't handle the bits and chunks of not sure what???
Did you have this problems with Premier PS's moonglo82??
just an FYI

roxyrocks808
on 6/8/12 1:40 am - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
Congratulations on your surgery and recovery
If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you they are a great source for Protein drinks and they have a large variety. Here are a couple I like; Nactar (power) comes in many flavors the Vanilla Bean is nice cause you can add things to it to make all kinds of flavors, Chocolate, Pineapple/Mango and many more.
Isopure is GREAT and comes in lots of flavors 20oz bottles, it's a clear liq like KoolAid and has 40grams of protein per bottle very good... I am sure GNC stores also have great products. Good Luck hope this helps!

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 6/8/12 1:49 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
Congratulations!!! Looking forward to following your progress!!

Tracasa
on 6/8/12 3:11 am
I started to use Muscle Milk Lite Chocolate 20 grams of protein and I have found it at Walmart, Vitamin Shop, local grocery stores here in Illinois not too sweet oh yeah 160 calories. Also nectar brand online sample packs made with water . Good luck speedy recovery

Most Active
Recent Topics