Bougie size

SleevedPrissy1
on 6/8/12 12:07 pm - OK
 My dr used a size 36 on me. I'm 5'2.. He says he never uses smaller bc research shows same weight loss but less reflux w 36... What did your doctor use on u?

I hope it gives me enough restrictin. I'm only 19 days out so idk how it will do yet. Still on puréed 
Shagdoll
on 6/8/12 12:11 pm
I have a 36f, oversewn. I am over 9 months out & lost 105 pounds post-op. I still have great restriction but best when I eat dense proteins like beef, chicken, fish & even Greek yogurt.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

rhearob
on 6/8/12 12:12 pm - TN
 Forget about the Bougie.  It's only trivia.

Your success is about you doing your mental work and working your plan - not e tube he stuck down your throat.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

ND2BTHN
on 6/9/12 12:45 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I agree with you there. I am 5'3 and have a 36f too. Size of the bougie doesn't really matter much. Today I ate a few spoons of chili from Wendy's for lunch and couldn't eat any more. For dinner I was able to eat a whole all beef jumbo hotdog (no bun) and nibbled off most of a cob of corn. Some days I can eat half of the chili, and only a few bit of the hotdog. It varies, so I can't go by my restriction alone. It's up to me to know when to stop before I feel the restriction. 

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
happyteacher
on 6/10/12 12:06 am
 I agree with the above posters.  I have a larger bougie size- my surgeon lost his 36 so up I went.  He does not oversew.  For sure in the early months it was easier to not overeat.  As my stomach matures it does indeed take more to satiate and the calories are creeping up.  I am still losing though, and I could be doing a better job with the food intake.  I am OK with my stomach though.  The positive size is that I have zero side effect issues- I never vomit, get the foamies, etc.  My reflux is zero, and pre surgery it was HORRIBLE due to an unknown herna.  So over all I am very pleased.  I think of it as once being ready for maintence I will be a little closer to normal then I would have been with a smaller, oversewn stomach.  Even though I have quite a bit to go still, I already reached a point where the surgery was totally worth it :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views