New!

chickerson605
on 6/8/12 9:56 pm - La Vergne, TN
I had my surgery on May 2nd and am just soaking in all the information and friends I can receive. I just learned about this site and can already see that I will be spending a lot of time reading posts and threads. I am down a total of 40 pounds (some before surgery and some after). My only struggle is am I getting enough nutrition. I struggle getting water in - before surgery I could drink 40-64 ounces a day today I struggle getting 16 ounces in a day. Any advice?
Blessings bunches
Carolyn
USAF Wife
on 6/8/12 9:59 pm
Hi and welcome.

My trick for getting fluids in was 2 ounces every 15 mintues. Over an hour period, that was 8oz, over an 8 hour day that was my required 64ounces. That's the only way I could come close to hitting that fluid goal. Some days I still fell short, but most days, I would be able to hit that goal.

If you haven't seen this link yet, this is a little FAQ site for VSG and it's got lots of info for newbies.

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/

Congrats on your sleeve ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Kevin H.
on 6/8/12 10:25 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
Welcome to the boards!

olderbutwiser
on 6/8/12 11:54 pm
 Glad to have you.  The drinking will get easier -- just sip sip sip ALL day and track it.  I think you'll be surprised at how much you take in.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views