So much info, but so many differences

Karebare50
on 6/11/12 10:51 am - Troy, NY
This website is a godsend!  I love to read all the posts and am getting so much valuable info.  What is a little confusing though, is the conflicting info re: foods to eat and when.  Some people are eating solid foods right off the bat, even before leaving the hospital - not whole solid foods, but they are not on liquids only.  Is this just due to the differences in programs/doctors?  I am on liquids for 2 weeks, then mushies for 2 weeks and when I go back to my doctor on 6/27 they will let me know if I can move to the next level.  I feel great, not hungry, but miss chewing food!  I can't wait for eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.  BTW - go to chobani.com to print out some coupons for their yogurt, if you like it!
Karebare50 Dance Like Nobody's Watching!

HW pre-surgery: 248  SW: 236

Cyn9
on 6/11/12 11:19 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12
 you have brought up a good point,   my daughter and i had different doctors do our surgery, my dr put me on the triditional RYN diet, 8 day clear no cal liquid, and soft mussy for another week or 2, then  at my 2 month visit she gave me a diet plan form VSG.. lol it was so different,  my dr office hadent donw the VSG  much.   my daughters dr did many more VSG  and she was sent home eating soft mushy foods... in the end   at about 3 weeks out to a month your eating reg food,  i can eat beef jerky now  mmmmmmmmmmmmm  OMG its good stuff
moonglo82
on 6/11/12 11:27 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Every doctor is completely different. They each come up with their own rules based on their own experiences and research, and that's why it's very important to make sure and ask your dr and nut about any food and exercise questions you may have.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/12 12:25 pm
You are right, nothing about this surgery is standardized, not the size of the stomach that is left, not the pre-surgery diet, not the post surgery eating plan, not the support system in place, and of course not the results.  Choose your doctor with extreme care and then follow their advice all the way to goal. 
Most Active