bariatric coordinator... power trip?

danzeppelin
on 6/14/12 12:06 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
So...like I wonder if maybe some of these people who coordinate this stuff get on like a power trip? I mean I can see where people could be overly excited about getting this whole process moving along at more than a snails pace. Some may even be pests about it. But I wonder if some of these coordinators get to the point where they feel empowered to the point where it goes to their head? "If you call and leave more than one message on my machine then it will be that much longer till I get back to you" Hmmm?
Just a little upsetting. The waiting game takes a toll.

Rachel G.
on 6/14/12 12:17 pm
VSG on 04/06/12
Self pay patients like myself didn't have that problem. In fact, our biggest complaint is probably the "vulture like" attitude of the coordinators, who will never stop calling, emAiling and pushing their surgeon like a drug dealer! Even after I've had my surgery I still get calls and emails for the latest "discount package deals" which are never really discounted by the way! If you wanna hurry up, get in get out and get on with ur new life, take a trip over the border and bypass the bs! But.... I only say that because I do not have insurance, so I really had no choice. Gud luck to u, whatever u decide to do

Ohiogirl
on 6/14/12 12:19 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 I am self pay and I called several (well 6 to be exact) practices to get prices and find out about the surgeon and program for VSG.  Two of the 6 - never answered their phones but when i left a message - it stated that they would call me back within 3 business days.  Needless to say - those practices are not in the running for my surgery business.  I mean - I sure as heck don't be to be their patient and have to wait 3 days to get an answer to my questions - especially post op.    The two practices I have it narrowed down to - seem to be readily available by phone or email and have excellent reputations - now I just have to make a decision - going for consult tomorrow with the second one - going to have to be pretty terrific to beat the first one.  We'll see.
Desari63
on 6/15/12 5:04 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
If you are self pay and are willing to go to Mexico to have the surgery, I have a great place I went thru for mine. Belite Weight Loss...I paid a deposit and they financed the remaining..total for everything if I use the full payment plan is $8300.00. But if paid in full before surgery or w/in 30 days after it's only $6800.00.

Let me know if you would like the contact information or you can look it up on the website.

Barbara McKeown

Debbie R.
on 6/14/12 12:21 pm - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12
It's unfortunate you have this to deal with. My surgeons office staff (all of them) are great very patient, very pleasent, & very helpful. I had no problems as they did all the tough stuff!!

danzeppelin
on 6/14/12 2:13 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
See that's just it, I see it just like any other business, service, whatever, ....but when you've got one option, and that option knows that....and they've become arrogant about the whole process... It makes it very difficult. Especially when you've got a time restraint on the whole thing, and timed this for my businesses slow season for recovery. Just really frustrated that it comes down to one person who never even answers her phone our even acknowledges that she checks her answering machine...and don't ya hate talking to answering machines?!
cancelsbronx
on 6/14/12 3:02 pm - Stamford, CT
Regardless whether you are self pay or have insurance you have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.  This rule appears in the patient bill of rights if you went to a facility within the states.  Yes, I totally agree that some of these coordinators do go on a power trip.  I had the experience that the nutritionist at my clinic where I had lap band back in 2007 was very arrogant  and controlling.  I thought I was a bit sensitive so I ignored it at first.  Then I spoke to other patients in the waiting room and they all felt the same way.  What happended was that right before I was about to address her another nutritionist was hired and I saw her instead.  Your experience was with the coordinator and the one that I am refering to became coordinator of the clinic.  Do not allow that experience to interfere with your progress or with your journey.  If you have to address her or report her do so.

Regards,

Santos

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views