Lots of pressure/gas....

spinout980
on 6/20/12 9:49 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 06/19/12
 I am experiencing some significant pressure and pain sitting right under my rib cage. Burping helps temporarily but does anyone have suggestions for better relief?
Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher

morgans
on 6/20/12 9:51 am
VSG on 06/18/12
 Oh God it's the worst, isn't it?! 

Walking around definitely helps. Hot liquids too if you can stand them - even ho****er.

My doctor suggested Gas-x which my hubby is picking up for me tonight.

I feel like I've got a slowly deflating beach ball in my stomach.

Walk as much as you can stand to do.

emelar
on 6/20/12 9:53 am - TX
Walk.  Raise you hands above your head and stretch a little.  Walk some more.  Belch some more.  It's probably gas and it'll just have to work it's way out one way or the other!
ND2BTHN
on 6/20/12 10:01 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
A heating pad helped me. Light walking around the house didn't help me much. I had to get on my treadmill at a very slow pace, (level 1) for at least 45 mins to feel the gas pressure ease off. I liked to do it while watching a movie. I helped to take my mind off of the pain too. It took a week for it to fully dissipate unfortunately. I found lying on the left side helped to put pressure on the area which kinda help pu**** out a bit. I know the gas pain sucks, but it will get better each day. The first month is the hardest part. 

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
RNmom0926
on 6/20/12 10:05 am
VSG on 05/31/12
Gas X strips which dissolve helped TONS! Walking and moving as much as possible. It was the worst GAS ever!

spinout980
on 6/20/12 10:18 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 06/19/12
 Thank you all for your helpful feedback! I'm going to try each and every suggestion :)

Thank you!
Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher

MeeMiss75
on 6/20/12 10:26 am - Katy, TX
VSG on 06/12/12
 I took Phazyme for the gas and walked, walked, walked. It was the only thing that helped. I see your surgery was yesterday. Congrats! I would say that my gas tapered off about 3 days after I got home. Best of luck...I know it's rough but it will "pass" soon!

spinout980
on 6/20/12 10:29 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 06/19/12
 I'm going to try and do more walking and see if that helps. The pain isn't horrible, just bothersome.  Thanks!

Pkrplyr777
on 6/20/12 11:06 am - CT
How  come I'm always the last to respond?
(sigh)
walk

that's all I got for you.
cheers
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
melanieannd
on 6/20/12 1:43 pm - TX
VSG on 06/13/12
I had surgery last Wednesday. I had that awful pain for the first day. I did lots and lots of walking up and down the halls at the hospital. The nurses said they'd never seen anyone walk as much as I did. I was motivated! It seemed to take forever for it to go away though. For the few days after I got home from the hospital there was an entirely different pressure a couple inches below my bustline. It reminded me of being 9 months pregnant but without the actual kicking. Weird! Good luck, I hope it goes away soon.

Check out my blog, http://www.missingmelanie.com and like me on Facebook. :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Melanie/618740441485479

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views