How much lettuce can you eat?

Stayce
on 6/20/12 8:45 pm
VSG on 03/28/12
 I have no problem eating lettuce, although I usually eat spinach if I have a salad. But this time of the year, my lettuce in my garden is in its prime :) I am 3 months out and I have no problems with eating anything except for eggs, for some reason I can not tolerate them,other than that I can eat anything else and I do eat salads. Some complain that you shouldn't eat lettuce, etc., but I've lost 86 pounds in less than 3 months so it works for me :)
 Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
jengo1971
on 6/20/12 9:09 pm
Gee, sounds normal to me!  We can't go on eating 1/4 of an egg forever!  How far post-op are you?  Lettuce chews down to basically nothing.  I'm 18 months out.  I frequently weigh (Yes, I usually weigh my meals) 2 oz of protein then 3 oz of romaine lettuce and add one tbsp of miracle whip as the dressing.  Perfect meal for me.  Good luck.

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Rouxful
on 6/20/12 9:19 pm
 I can eat a metric asston of lettuce with my sleeve (it really compresses), which is why I use it as a filler food when I'm feeling bingy. If I want to snack, I reach for a salad and low-fat dressing first. Your dinner sounds extremely healthy and low-cal. Enjoy!

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

stephintexas
on 6/20/12 9:59 pm
It depends on the time of day but I can usually eat a lot. Lettuce, even broccolli,  I can eat a cup+ with no issues. Fried foods made me throw up the one time I ate them, I learned my lesson. Bread makes me want to have a bread c-section. I think my sleeve is a health nut so lettuce is usually well tolerated.

rhearob
on 6/20/12 11:23 pm - TN
 I choose to eat none.  Why would I when it takes up volume and provides no protein?

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

USAF Wife
on 6/21/12 12:42 am
Being 3 years out, I can totally eat that amount of romaine or butter/bib lettuce. Raw spinach sits like a brick in my stomach for whatever reason.

BUT, a measured 1.5 cup of lettuce is NOTHING once it's chomped down. It's also extremely sliderish for me. Now, I can't eat the chicken on top of that much lettuce because chicken is extremely filling for me, but toss me a good taco salad with super fine ground beef and I could get all that in without ever feeling true restriction.

Your profile says LapBand, but maybe you revised? I'm not sure, but I could never get chicken down, much less any form/variety of lettuce down with my band.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

MyOwnSunshine
on 6/21/12 1:40 am
I could eat endless amounts of lettuce, as well as watermelon, popcorn, or anything else that chews down to nothing.  Dense protein is the only thing that is going to give you good restriction in the long run.  
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
4evercaligrl
on 6/21/12 5:46 am
 thanks everyone.  Im a band to sleeve revision.  got the sleeve almost 3 months ago.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views