Made a PB2 shake... whatcha think??

CindyGuice
on 7/3/12 6:08 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
Ok, so my sweet other half drove all over Athens, Ga looking for 1 of 3 stores that sold PB2, because I am one of those ppl, when I want something I can't wait!!! LOL I went to GNC and got some chocolate protein powder and by the grocery store and grabbed some almond milk. This is what I have came up with, tell me what you think about the nutritional numbers.

~8oz Almond Milk (Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Original)
30 calories
2.5 fat
1 carb
1 fiber
1 protein

~GNC Whey Protein Chocolate- 1 scoop
130 calories
2.5 fat
5 carbs
1 fiber
20 protein

~PB2- (serving size is 2 tablespoons but I only use 1 so the numbers are for 1)
22.5 calories
.75 fat
2.5 carbs
1 fiber
2.5 protein

~~ Total-
182.50 calories
5.75 fat
8.5 carbs
3 fiber
23.5 protein
So my question is.... of course what do you think of these numbers AND in regards to my daily carb count would you count actual carbs OR subtract fiber to get net carbs? Hmmmm.... Oh and BTW, this is so fabulous and has REALLY helped my new found peanut butter addiction!

Shagdoll
on 7/3/12 6:17 am, edited 7/3/12 6:20 am
I don't think I ever figured out the carbs in my chocolate protein shake with PB2 because I usually stay under 30 grams of carbs total for the day anyway so if you are doing low carb with everything else, this is probably good.
Don't you just love these chocolate peanut butter protein shakes? AKA Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Shakes! I know there are a lot of people who hate shakes but the key is finding one that you really like.
With the mint cookie shake that I love, I didn't like it alone mixed with water, I had to experiment until I made it perfect for me which is what others need to do & that meant using unsweetened almond milk & some sweetener too.
Now I look forward to my shake everyday. Hope you love yours too!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

CindyGuice
on 7/3/12 6:22 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
Yes Jenn, I love them!! Thank you for the help the other day on putting this together. I'm curious, what are some of the things that you are eating that keep your carbs under 30 for the day. I really think carbs are the culprit for this last 20lbs sticking around. I'm keeping my carbs low ( I haven't tracked to really see just how low) but I know it's not at 30. Any ideas to get them there?

Shagdoll
on 7/3/12 6:54 am
 Just try to focus on getting your protein from dense protein like lean beef & chicken, fish, eggs, nonfat plain Greek yogurt (sweeten if you need to & just keep experimenting with flavors until you find what you like) & nonfat cottage cheese.  My diet usually consists of these foods so when I track on MFP, I am usually under 30 grams of carbs even with my protein shake with almond milk.  I know I just went thru a phase a few weeks ago where I was tired of another stall & just said screw it & got off track but I reached out to a couple successful VSGers who helped me.  It definitely helps to get in that frame of mind to stay motivated so try to figure out what that is & run with it.  Good luck!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

ERnurseMN
on 7/3/12 7:59 am - MN
That is my stadard shake that I drink. I can only do 4 oz at a time but I just checked MFP and 8 oz would be 203 cals, 18 carbs, 28 g protein. I make it with the almond milk also and 1 T PB2. I use unjury powder.

I keep my carbs under 40 also and I am 7 weeks out tomorrow. Yesterday I had a 1/2 c of frozen yogurt and that put me right at 39 but usually I am under 20. I pretty much only eat protein but frankly could use a little more variety.

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
ERnurseMN
on 7/3/12 8:01 am - MN
one more thing i order my PB2 off of amazon and order the 1 lb packs and then get free shipping.

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
Anne D.
on 7/3/12 10:39 am
I make a similar shake, but with the chocolate almond milk. The shake looks good to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views