one week post op + a question

NewMe2Be72
on 7/3/12 9:44 am - CO
so, I am one week post op... wow... where did that week go?  I started the first stage of puree yesterday-yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans, pudding...roughly 1.5 oz every 2 hours.  I am doing pretty good.  Last night was the best sleep for a week!  (partly because my jp drain was takin out yesterday)  Still have some aching on my left side, but I stopped my pain pills yesterday (oxycodone) which brings me to my question... where do you guys get your tylenol?? cant find adult strength liquid ... picked up childrens and realized I would probably have to take a good percentage of the bottle considering it is by weight.   I also came home with oxygen.. ughhh... and I am still on it, might need to be on it for about 2 weeks? ughhh.  I did not want to wear oxygen going back to work on monday.  I went off my pain pill because was told they could possibly be part of my problems on why I have to have oxygen.  Not sure if that is true or not??
RosieSweetie21
on 7/3/12 10:10 am
I was sleeved Dec 2011. Pre-op I bought liquid adult strength tylenol. After I used it up, when I went to get more, maybe a month or so later, I was told it was discontinued. I was able to buy the CVS brand but I think that was discontinued as well. I hate taking pills so when I went  to CVS the pharmacist told me either use the kid's liquid or dissolving "melt-a-ways" or get the adult strength liquid cold medicine, which has liquid tylenol  (the only thing is that also contains a liquid decongestant). Also, if you were sleeved, you can take pills as long as there are not bigger than an m & m - so you can probably take the reg tylenol pills- check with your dr though..hope this helps. Good luck- before you know it you will get rid of the oxygen and you will be feeling fabulous. Hang in there
Prple
on 7/3/12 10:10 am - VA
VSG on 07/17/12 with
Pain meds can depress breathing... So yes the use could cause you to need oxygen.

Keep breathing!
Joann

Most Active