HORMONES AND NERVE ENDINGS

starry957
on 7/3/12 3:34 pm
Hi all - can someone elaborate and explain to me the whole hormone thing post-op?  I've been reading on here something about an increase in fluctuation post-op but don't understand it??
Also  (double question here) - can someone explain a bit more about the nerve endings being cut and what that does or can do post-op.

Thanks so much...
Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

lucy2e
on 7/3/12 11:28 pm - Laurel, MD
The hormone craziness thing post op is a pain - but it is also a great sign that you're buring fat.  Your hormones are stored in your fat cells - as you burn the fat, those hormones are released.  This leads to hormone levels that your body is not used too - it can cause you to skip your monthly, get it more frequently the you are used to, be emotional, etc.  Eventually everything evens out, but in the beginning it can be a bit bumpy.  In the end, it's all so worth it!

I'm no help on the nerve endings question - I know that they can be severed during the surgery, but they do repair.  I think it can make you feel funny/itchy around the incision while it heals, but don't think its any big deal.

Hope that helps! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

PoohHag
on 7/4/12 1:13 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 There's a lot of excess estrogen stored in your fat cells.  As you're burning fat, that estrogen gets released.  

I'm 3 1/2 weeks out from my surgery and on my 2nd period.  I'm on the birth control pill even.  It's kind of annoying, but I hear it evens out eventually.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views