Never had Foamies? No matter how far out, you still can!

hwag5149
on 7/3/12 7:10 pm
So I always read the "foamies" posts and thought "you guys are weenies! Just stop taking that last bite. Even when my sleeve of STEEL is overly full, I still never had anything that even resembled the foamies!"

WOMP WOMP WOMP!!!!

Just about 7 months out, I had barely eaten or drank today and I was like "let me eat some food and drink real quick." I don't usually do them both at the same time but I certaintly don't wait the 1/2 hour before and after. Anyway, I ate fast like I always do and I gulped down my tea and then at some more. I felt fine. All of a sudden after a burp it started coming up and my nose was running like crazy. I started feeling nauseated. The  burps were bringing up some interesting things. I kind of felt like I was drowning a little bit in my runny nose and clogged esophogus. Thennnn I ran to the bathroom to throw up and it was liquid/foam/wierdness with just a little bit of food. What the hell??

Anyway, my point is that even if you have a "sleeve of steel" you still can't push your limits to the extreme without consequences. I'm so glad that didn't happen in public. It didn't feel nice and it made me feel kind of light headed.

That is all.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

DanaSue
on 7/3/12 9:18 pm
Love your story!  I must admit I have had the "foamies" on a few occasions.  For me it happens when I let myself get too hungry  or get too dehydrated  by waiting too long to eat or drink.   Then I eat too fast, drink too much after my meal. I also find that when I eat with other people, I tend to eat too fast and too much.  I guess I'm concentrating on the conversation and not thinking about how much I am eating or how fast I am eating.  

VGS 4-2-12 

novascotiadawn
on 7/4/12 2:11 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
 At 4 years out, I occasionally get the slimies, I call them... Too fast, chicken, or bread..

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

happyteacher
on 7/4/12 11:26 am
 Thanks for the warning- I also have a sleeve of steal and had not dealt with foamies.  Your post made me realize that I was assuming it would never be an issue for me.  Wake up happyteacher!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

VeronicaJ5
on 7/4/12 11:45 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
i have never waited the half hour before i usually drink a bunch while waiting for my food to cook/heat up/be served etc so im not dying of thirst after my meal i wait the half hour or more after because ive tried to take a sip or so right after eating and frankly it's really REALLY painful