Starting a 21 day pre op diet!!!

nomorebigp
on 7/7/12 12:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
 I am having surgery on 7/28 and today is the start of a 21 day pre op liquid diet!! Any advice or tips would be helpful...
beckyinkc
on 7/7/12 2:04 am
VSG on 07/25/12
OUCH.  Mine is only 14-days (starts on the 11th), and I'm dreading it.  I can't offer any advice, but you feel free to ***** and moan to me as much as you want, because I'll be feeling your pain quite literally. :)  You can get through it!  Just try to keep your eye on the finish line.

PoohHag
on 7/7/12 2:14 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 Mine was 2 weeks pre-op and 1 week post-op.

Drink, drink, drink.  Push the water between the protein shakes.

Don'****ch TV.  The food commercials will do a number on your brain.  

I stayed busy cleaning up the house so that I could take a couple of weeks off and do nothing.  Catch up on your laundry, dishes, etc.  

AimingLow
on 7/7/12 2:52 am - HI
VSG on 07/11/12
Today's my day 4 of 7 on the pre-surgery liquid diet. For me the first day was awful, but it's getting better each day. I cheated like crazy that first day, but felt so awful about it the next day. It wasn't worth the guilt. I found that I had so much support from my family and friends when I was open and told them what I was doing. The gals in my office even started their own liquid diets in support of me. Talk about it with friends. Avoid things that will tempt you too much. Be gentle with yourself. In the end, it will all be worth it!!

jday305
on 7/7/12 9:37 am
I am on day 11 of my 21 day pre op liquid diet; less than 1200 calories total each day.   I have found so far that pushing liquids and frequent walks help control some of the cravings and hunger pangs.  I am drinking over 100 ounces of water and tea a day; unfortunately I hit the bathroom on an hourly basis.  LOL.  I also would advise you to try and walk or do some form of exercise each day as you can tolerate.  This seems to stop hunger issues for me for a little while.  If all else fails I try a piece of sugar free gum.  Good luck.

HW 417 SW 360 CW 251 GW 250 Height 6' 5"  Surgery on July 17, 2012

J. cerullo
on 7/7/12 10:27 am - RI

Does everyone do the pre liquid diet?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views