Nausea

jenngirl
on 7/9/12 12:09 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I am two weeks out and am having a hard time with nausea. Any time i sip anything other than water, I get sick. I take really small sips and it is hard for me to get my fluids in, much less my protien. I finally found something that I don't mind drinking. EAS and Adkins shakes, but they don't provide the amount of protien I need.

I have meds for nausea, but I can't keep them down. I see my doctor tomorrow.

Has anyone else out there had this problem?
Carolesel
on 7/9/12 12:21 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 Yup, having the same problem. I saw my doc on Friday and he said just keep trying. He said it will get easier, he was more concern that I get my 64oz of liquid in. So I am getting maybe 1 shake in a day. I am now on full liquids and can handle yogurt better then the shakes, but haven't been over 30 grams of protein yet. As I say tomorrow is another day and I will try again. Good luck to you.

jenngirl
on 7/9/12 12:26 am
VSG on 06/25/12
We had our surgery the same day! I keep trying, I have an Atkins shake on my desk. Today is my first day back to work. So I am struggling. Good luck to you!! 
bluerskies
on 7/9/12 2:17 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 I'm sorry to hear about your nausea.  Are there other anti-nausea options your doctor could recommend for you?  I've been having some nausea as well and asked my doctor about it at my post- appt.  he prescribed zofran and the patches that go behind your ear.  I haven't used the patches because the zofran has helped.  But I wonder if that might help?  

Ive been struggling with my protein shakes as well.  I've been pushing through it as best I can but the Atkins ones have been one kind I can tolerate but I agree that the 15 g of protein is a bummer.  Nectar fuzzy navel (peach) has been my main source of protein lately and the one I tolerate best.  I hope this stage passes soon for you!  
 Jessica

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 107 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views