It's like I'm back at the beginning again...

spinout980
on 7/18/12 5:22 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 06/19/12
 I am just over four weeks post op and I am having trouble getting liquids, let alone food, down. My surgeon suggested that perhaps I ate something that caused my stomach to swell again and I'm stuck with drinking my meals. Just when I thought I was two steps ahead, I'm sent backwards three. I've also upped my Prilosec to twice a day because I have been dealing with some nausea on and off. Hopefully this phase will pass and I'll be back to solid foods again soon!

Anyone else have a similar situation??
Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher

INgirl
on 7/18/12 5:26 am
It can happen, especially early out. IF you still have issues in a couple days, you should get back in there and get checked for a stricture, they can and do occasionally happen, and cause your symptoms as well tightness, inability to get down solids, and sometimes even liquids and nausea. The treatment is painless dilation.. sometimes a couple times before it stays open. Just monitor yourself and if it doesn't start feeling right soon, get back to your Drs.
emelar
on 7/18/12 5:30 am - TX
Stricture would be my guess too, particularly if it doesn't clear up pretty fast.
lunabella007
on 8/7/12 10:23 am
Aww, I'm sorry sweetheart!

I got nauseated a few days ago, but it seems to be passing thank God!  I hope you're feeling better by now!  Its such an awful feeling--nobody knows unless they've been through it.  Yikes!

I too take prilosec daily because if I eat anything even mildly acidic I get heartburn.  Believe it or not, this is an improvement.  It used to be I'd get heartburn no matter what--so there's a silver lining!

*big hugs!*

P.S. Sorry I haven't been able to get your package to you yet!  I haven't forgotten!

"Dimidium facti qui coepit habet, incipe!" (He who has begun is half done, begin!)
- Horace 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views