oh no...not now

starry957
on 7/20/12 5:20 am
well, as luck would have it, I think? I'm starting to get acid reflux or GERD or something...I've been feeling nauseous off and on for several days?  I get like a super-hungry kind of feel, eat something, and then feel nauseous within an hour or so.....I have absolutely no heart burn...now, to be honest, I'm still eating crappy food at times - so I've been told by my mother to take away any junk food I'm eating and see if this helps.....my bigger question is, however, is THIS how it will feel after surgery?  or is THIS how it feels to have GERD, etc...and will this impact whether I'll be ALLOWED to have the surgery? 
Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

nieba
on 7/20/12 5:26 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I have GERD. GERD is when too much acid from your stomach goes up your esphogus. With mine, it gets very painful like I am having a heart attack. It feels like I have a baseball size bubble pushing on my heart. To feel nauseous, I think that might be something else. Unless you are also burping (or farting) then I don't thikn you have acid refulx or GERD.

Just be careful of what you are eating for a little while to see if it goes away.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

starry957
on 7/20/12 8:35 am
Hi Jenn - I crashed a different post and asked you a question on there....lol

starry957
on 7/20/12 8:37 am
ya...I can't figure it out.....I thought maybe it was just too much "junky food" (ie fast food, I also eat chips, etc late at night right before I go to bed), but then just lately I've had the nauseousness happening at all different times....I just worry that something inside has finally said "OK - THAT's IT!!! "....you know?  then I worried that any kind of problem would make me either ineligible or at least ineligible for the sleeve (which is the only one I want to do).....

comeundone
on 7/20/12 9:45 am - OH
 well GERD will not stop you from the sleeve, but you might be having acid issues, gallbladder acting up,or pregnancy, there is a million things that would cause those symptoms.I would recommend talking to you primary doctor and having him schedule an endoscopy( you most likely will need one for surgery anyways) 
HW 289  SW 242

starry957
on 7/20/12 12:22 pm
I will?  is that a standard test?  what the heck is an endoscopy anyway - sounds horrible?!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 430 views