Love Me Some Turkey

SoSoHappy
on 7/24/12 8:17 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
Since 6 weeks post-surgery, I completely gave up shakes.  I could no longer stomach them and they made me feel awful.  Since then, I have been struggling with getting in all my protein.  Now that I have discovered turkey, I am so excited.  Jenny O makes a preformed, uncooked turkey burgers that are found in packs of 6 in the freezer section of my market.  Each burger has about 30 grams of protein (WOW) and only about 170 calories.  Since this discovery, I have been searching out turkey as an alternative to chicken.  I also discovered that Costco sells a packaged boneless turkey breast - 2 ounces is packed with protein and has 60 or so calories.  For someone looking for foods that are high in protein, low in carbs and calories, try turkey.  Of course, check the labels for yourself to confirm what works for your own plan. 

I hope this is useful information.  Gobble Gobble

califsleevin
on 7/24/12 8:41 am - CA
Jennie-O also makes some turkey breakfast sausages which I had frequently. Trader Joes has some great turkey bacon that's 30 cal and 6g protein per strip; they also have a peppered turkey bacon with a bit more fat and calories if that fits in. I usually use a blend of ground turkey and ground beef in making chili.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

SoSoHappy
on 7/24/12 9:15 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
 Looks like u r another turkey lover. Yumm. I find it amazing that I can get stuck on a food and eat it day after day and not tire of it. Crazy. 
econtiff
on 7/24/12 12:32 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
We love using turkey. Hubby made taco salad minus the shells with ground turkey last night.

There is also a really good Weigh****chers recipe for Taco Soup using ground turkey and kidney beans. It might have a few more carbs because of the beans but it's delicious. You can leave the corn out.

Hubby will also pre-grill me some turkey tenderloin and undercook it slightly so I can just grab and microwave my 2oz and have my protein.

How many ounces are you able to eat of protein? 
gabriellaz
on 7/24/12 1:23 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
I am a turkey lover too! I make my family turkey bacon, Mexican ground turkey lasagna, mexican ground turkey albondiga soup, ground turkey enchiladas, tacos, spaghetti and meatballs, turkey burgers, sloppy joes. The list goes on, lol. I haven't bought ground beef for a very long time

SoSoHappy
on 7/27/12 12:54 pm - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
 Looks like I found myself some turkey buddies. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views