Welcome to my pity party...

ib40
on 7/25/12 12:47 am
I have been in the same 3-lb. range for the last 13 WEEKS! I have been handling it well emotionally until...today. I woke up and got on the scale and I am angry, frustrated as hell, PMSing like a mother, and just all-around pissy. I seriously don't know what else to do. To try to shake my stall, I have tried the following:

* maintained my caloric intake
* varied my caloric intake for a period of days to shake things up
* upped my fluid intake
* exercised more
* tried to get more sleep
* 2 separate 5-day pouch tests

How was I able to try so many different thing? Because 13 weeks is 91 days!!! I am beginning to feel deprived, which is never a good thing for me psychologically. I'm grouchy, mad at my body, and irritated in general. Thank you for listening to me complain, ***** and moan. I would like to lose 20-25 more lbs., but my body is not cooperating.

Shagdoll
on 7/25/12 12:56 am
I almost did a similar post a few days again when I was feeling sorry for myself too. It sounds like you are doing everything right though, I on the other hand was letting a few carbs here and there creep back in. I wasn't going crazy but a little here & there for the past couple of weeks. Weird how that stuff doesnt even satisfy me anymore so I decided to get back on track. I wanted to run to the "goal" finish line but it wasn't happening so I decided to take a step back and get back on track the best way I could ... and that wasn't on a 600 calorie a day diet. I have upped my calories to around 750-800 and I feel better. It might take me a little longer to get to goal but I'll be ok.
I'm not sure how many calories you are taking in a day. I know everyone is different but maybe you could speak with your doctor to find out what they think is best for you to get the last 25 pounds off.
Good luck!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

synthangel
on 7/25/12 12:56 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12
I am so sorry to hear about your long stall. And seriously PMS doesn't make anything better just makes everything suck suck suck!!

Since I am preop Im sorry I don't have much advice on how to get over the bump but I just wanted to say that I hear your complaint and it is totally warranted and I wish you the best of luck getting over it!

loverofcats
on 7/25/12 1:05 am, edited 7/25/12 1:47 am
How many grams of protein are you getting each day?

Are you doing any weight training?

Do you vary your exercise or tend to the same things each day?

What kind of carbs are you eating?

Is your thyroid okay?

It seems common to struggle with those last pounds, which can be so frustrating and can impact one's morale.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

RHCP
on 7/25/12 1:21 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
DITTO!!!

These last 26 lbs are killing me!! GRRRRRRRRR!!! I keep going up- than down- up-down-ARRRGGG!!! 157...154...159...156 I wanna throw my scale out the window.

My surgeons office does not take my new insurance so I can not see anyone there- but I think I need to find a nutritionist because I do not want this to be the end! I have been thinking about going to all protein shakes for a week to jump start and changing up my exercise routine.

wls2011
on 7/25/12 1:24 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Yes, it sucks, and it is frustrating, and since you've already tried all the standard things you mentioned, I'll give you something else to try that will probably be opposite from what most on here say...

TAKE A BREAK....literally, don't exercise, don't worry about what you are eating, calories, or anything for a whole week...just go with the flow....see what happens....every time, I went on vacation and literally took a break, I came back with a signifcant weight loss (around 6-7 lbs)...I don't know maybe my body is just weird....and maybe I was just lucky, but it sure was eaiser than stressing out about a stall....and if you are truly doing everything right, there's nothing you can do to force your body to shed the pounds, so you kind of just have to wait this thing out.....

But some people do say that a break from routine can cause a really good weight loss especially in the weeks following, when you get right back on program w/ healthy eating & exercise.......and that seemed to be the case with me...also my body just liked to shed in weird spurts, so I just tried to accept it, and realize that eventually, I'd get there....and I did...so hang in there. :)

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

loverofcats
on 7/25/12 1:45 am
I think this is spot on. Taking a break from routine can shake things up. I recently went on a very active 2 week vacation, was careful about my eating, but did eat some things that I normally don't eat and came back a pound down. Doesn't sound like much, but when one is at goal, that is good.

The comment about stress makes sense, since stress increases cortisol, which can negatively impact weight loss.

Just about anything is worth a try.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

happymom80
on 7/25/12 2:15 am - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
 I agree...I know I am still far away from the last 25 pounds or so...but I have found that varying my schedule - as in taking a few days off - really boosts my weightloss. I am sorry this is so hard...it is very frustrating, I can imagine. I know that one day I will be in the same position...I hope you see the scale move soon. Plus just think...maybe after the period is over you will see a change. Usually mine is within a day or two of starting and then a drop in weight. The week before is just plain rough.

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/12 2:35 am
I don't know anything about how many calories you are eating, how much protein or how many carbs, but this is what worked for me and it's what I would do in your place: 1) Make sure you are eating under 800 calories, and over 80 grams of protein, and under 40 carbs each day.  2) Make sure that the protein you are taking in is not processed but is lean, homemade protein.  No deli meats or protein bars.  Stick with this for two weeks and see what happens. 
slimpickins5280
on 7/25/12 3:54 am - CO
What she said.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Most Active