Lost OH Packing List

loveliveteach
on 7/29/12 1:26 pm
So since January I have kept an OH binder. Every time I come on the site I make sure it is close by. There are sections for everything preop, postop, tips, recipes, shopping list, etc. There was even a section for what to pack in my hospital bag.

Now I am having Surgery on Tuesday morning, and that page is MIA!!!

I am thinking I took it out in March when I thought I was having surgery.....Shame on me for not putting it back! & I can't quite figure out how to search that topic on here (anybody want to help me with that too?)

So what should I bring??

I want to pack light...here is what I have so far:

Small pillow
comfy clothes for ride home
toothbrush, toothpaste
hairbrush, hair ties
chapstick
phone charger
paperwork

Am I missing anything?
My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
HW 253  VSG 7/31/12 SW233 One day & one step at a time! 
moonglo82
on 7/29/12 1:31 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
How long are you planning to be in the hospital? If more than one night, I would take toiletries. And those comfy clothes for the ride home need to be something with a sretchy waist... definitely not jeans.

The only other thing I can think is possibly earplugs and your CPAP if you have sleep apnea.

Good luck!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

loveliveteach
on 7/29/12 1:35 pm, edited 7/29/12 1:36 pm
My surgeon will be keeping me there for three days. I can't shower until I get home so I am guessing that means I better bring some deodorant! And I actually packed the most comfy pair of pj's that I own to wear home, I don't care what I look like :) 

Thank you for your help!
My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
moonglo82
on 7/29/12 1:39 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Ok, since you're going to be there for 3 days, do you have a laptop?  If so, I would seriously consider bringing it so you can get on the interne****ch a movie (if yours has a dvd player) etc... or I would bring something to read.  You may not get bored because you may be spending most of your time sleeping, sipping, or walking, but it wouldn't hurt to have a paperback with you just in case.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Calking
on 7/29/12 1:47 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
Perhaps any medications you might be taking.  Check the link below.  I used the search at the top tight of this website and got these results.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=what+t o+bring+hospital&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof= FORID%3A9 

If you have a cell phone that could come in handy to call people that would be concerned about you.

Maybe something to read ... a book, a magazine, a kindle or nook or similar device.

Maybe an ipod for music to listen to or other mp3 device.  Get some audiobooks.

Just thinking while you are lying around things that might entertain you.  You will be sleeping a lot the first day or two but on day two there will be enough time awake where having something to do would be nice.

If you have a laptop or tablet pc that might be nice.  Keep us posted and all.  Not that it would be your biggest or even close to the top concern ... lol.

I was only there one night so for me it was quite simple.  Your list already includes everything I brought.

Good luck and see you on the losers bench soon.  

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Paisleysmommy0119
on 7/29/12 2:28 pm
VSG on 07/26/12
 My surgery was the 26th, I came home on the 27th. This is all I needed. 

Deodorant 
Toothbrush
Toothpaste 
Slippers
Wore comfy clothes to hospital, same ones home
Hair tie
Cell phone 
Cell charger 
House coat 

I took my iPad but between sleeping and walking I didn't have time to use it. I think that was it. Hope this helps! Good luck! 

loveliveteach
on 7/29/12 10:14 pm
Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply, great ideas!! Thanks again :)
Carries_Journey
on 7/30/12 4:12 pm - CA
VSG on 07/31/12
 I'm getting my stuff ready for tomorrow too! My surgery isn't until the afternoon though.

Good luck tomorrow and we'll compare notes sometime maybe. It's crazy that it's actually happening tomorrow! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views