16 days out- dry heaving all day

crystalaine
on 7/29/12 1:13 pm - St. Charles, MO
Dry heaves were the first sign that I had a stricture.  I ended up in the hospital for 8 days.  Mine started a few days after I started mushies.  At first I was nauseous and threw up after food, then it got worse and I was throwing up after water, then it got so bad I was throwing up every 20 min.

I  went to the ER here (had my surgery in MX), they did a cat scan and swallow test but after all that told me that I was their first patient with this and they honestly didn't know if anything was wrong or not but they "thought I looked fine" from what they knew.  They suggested I call a local surgeon up here and gave me a name.

I called and was luckily seen.  He said my body wasn't even tolerating my own saliva.  He admitted me to the hospital immediately, did a scope later that day and found the stricture along with a hiatal hernia and severe esophageal swelling.

Got a stent put in the next day and was in the hospital for a week after that.  Not fine, but I feel so much better. 

If after the doctor sees you, and you still continue with the vomiting, demand to have a endoscopy done.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views