Whey protein crisps -- please advise?

MuttLover
on 8/7/12 10:49 am
VSG on 11/14/12
 I'm in the pre-op stage, but I've started my low carb diet and have been buying and trying new stuff.  I've done Atkins before, so I'm familar with the whole approach -- but I came across a new product that I wanted to know if you all have tried.  The nutrition info indicates that it has both whey protein isolate and concentrate -- so i can't figure out if this would be good or not, since it's note clear how much of the protein comes from each (or not clear to me).  It also comes in a chocolate.  I'm interested in mixing with this stuff to make my own protein bars.

Has anyone tried this -- or can someone with more knowledge take a look at the info and advise?

http://www6.netrition.com/bpt_whey_protein_crisps.html 
Elaine2
on 8/7/12 11:08 am - Atlanta, GA
Not an expert but I think the stats look pretty good. Scroll down to the Nutritional Value.
I think a scoop has 28 g protein and pretty low carb with that scoop.
Might be kind of expensive to "sample"---maybe one of your support group people would split it with you....just in case. Just an idea.

I think either TripMom or INgirl (can't remember which) has tried allot of stuff from Netrition. Maybe you could PM them----think I've read that before but could be wrong.

If you use these to make a good low carb bar, please share. I occasionally use a Quest bar but the carbs are so high for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views