Cigna and Nutritionist

slwths
on 8/10/12 8:49 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
My paperwork was sent to Cigna on Tuesday and I have confirmed with them that they have it and that it normally takes 5 - 7 days for them to approve it.

I was just reviewing for the 100th time...LOL...their requirements and saw that they require that I have an appointment with a Nutritionist.  My surgeon's office told me that I would have the nutritionist appointment after my aprpoval with their nutritionist on staff...sometime during my 2 week pre-op period.

My question is...is Cigna going to deny me becuase I haven't had that appointment yet?  Anyone have Cigna and can share with me your experience about this?

Thanks for your help!  Anxious here to get this moving!    Oh, I didn't have to do the 3 or 6 month Dr. supervised weight loss after deciding to do the WLS because last September - December 2011, I did one...and Cigna requires that it be 3 consecutive months (use to be 6...changed in May 2012) during the last 12 months. 

Thanks for your help!

Missey J.
on 8/10/12 9:43 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
If its on the list I for sure would call Cigna on Monday and ask. You could get a visit in fast and send the paper work to them if that's all ya need.

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
lisa2job
on 8/10/12 10:36 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
dont know much about Cigna but I would definalty call them if they say its a requirement then I would assume it is......  

good luck 
monique225
on 8/11/12 7:00 am - LA
Hi,

I have Cigna also, you need 3 consecutive months of seeing your PCP, dietician, documented exercise. Also I have to see an physicists within those 3 months. I am in my 2nd month with pcp and dietician and exercise program supervised also I forgot to add. So we are looking at surgery last part of Sept..
slwths
on 8/11/12 12:24 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
 That's great.  Sounds like we may be close together for surgery time!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views