Approved! Yay! Couple questions...can you help??

slwths
on 8/13/12 1:31 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
Yay, I just got the news that I am approved with Cigna.  Amazingly fast!  Counting the day they logged it in, only 5 business days (last Tuesday and my Dr. was faxed this morning).  I am excited and nervous.  My surgery date is August 28...not sure what time yet.  

My pre-op diet starts tomorrow and I need to buy some protein shakes.  Slim Fast type ones give me an awful after taste.  Do you have any that you would recommend that don't leave that nasty taste???

Also, do you know how I change my signature on this site?  Thanks!!!

Praying for all of us!!!

nieba
on 8/13/12 6:35 am, edited 8/13/12 6:35 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I personally like the Lean Body Ready to Drink (Chocolate Ice Cream) and EAS Myoplex Chocolate RTD. I found it is all about personal tastes. Be careful of the slim fast and Atkins ones as I believe they have quite of few carbs.

Good Luck!

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

moonglo82
on 8/13/12 1:45 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
If you have a Costco or Sam's near you, try the Premier rtd shakes. I drink the chocolate ones. Before surgery they reminded me a bit of watered down chocolate milk... after surgery, they were just the right density. I don't think I could have gotten down anything much thicker for the first month or so!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

morgans
on 8/13/12 1:52 pm
VSG on 06/18/12
Kellogg's Dark Chocolate protein shake - yummers!

Ishakeyra
on 8/13/12 2:18 pm - Inglewood, CA
VSG on 10/22/12
Google "beneprotein" its plain protein powder you can add to almost anything. Its does not change the texture or taste to your food or drink. Great source of protein.

lisa2job
on 8/13/12 2:20 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12

I love the premier chocolate drink,  I drink one for breakfast evey day already that is my favorite.    I also like the syntrax Nectat kiwi/strawberry thats pretty yummy but it does have a wierd smell to it ....     and another good one if you like creamsicle flavor is the Jay Robb  .  you may wanna check to see what your doctor recommends I was told to stay away from slim fast type shakes/ to include adtkins , speciial k ect..... I was told they had to be under 160 cals and at least 25 grams of protien and a whey protien Isolate.  not sure if that is somethin accross the board or just my doctor,  but just an FYI to double check for yourself. 

since you will need shakes after also I would go on line and order some samples.   I ordered some through syntrax nectar.com ,  they have alot of flavors to choose from , and also through abouttime.com   they both have flavors that were interesting and fun,  chocolate peanut butter / cinnamon swirl  ....  it cost me about 30 bucks to order about 15 different flavors ,  well worth it I think.  
Hope this helps !!  

Good luck !!! 
slwths
on 8/13/12 7:09 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
 Thanks for the info!  I ordered me a sample pack just now!  Thank you so much!

duck1975
on 8/13/12 2:27 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 Yay, same date as me!! Congrats!

slwths
on 8/13/12 3:15 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
 Wow, that is cool!  Surgery buds.  :)  Good luck to you!!!

How did you get your date and etc under your name?  I can't seem to figure out how to do that.  It is probably very obvious...but am missing it somewhere.  

Thanks!

duck1975
on 8/13/12 3:44 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 Go to your history and should be there!  It took me awhile to figure it out!  Lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views