Soft foods

susanjean
on 8/13/12 2:11 pm - IN
I get to start soft foods tomorrow!!  I wanted to ask you guys, what  can I eat? I know I can have eggs, yogart,,,, but it says low fat cheese,,,,, what kind?  Do I still have to puree my meat ?  Can you give me some ideas of what I can eat,,, Im on this stage  for three weeks!

emelar
on 8/13/12 2:19 pm - TX
Soft foods for me included ground beef, ground turkey, chicken salad, tuna and tuna salad, as well as all the usual suspects - yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta, really any cheese.  Shelley's ricotta bake (theworldaccordingtoeggface.com) is popular in the early stages to get a taste of Italian.  Eggs.

You won't be eating very much, so don't go wild with quantities!  And remember that just because your doc cleared you for softs, your stomach may or may not have gotten the message.  Go very slowly, chew carefully, stop between bites and make sure it's all going down smoothly.  If it's uncomfortable, go back to full liquids for a day and try again.
moonglo82
on 8/13/12 2:21 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I discovered Weigh****chers brand smoked flavor string cheese during my soft food stage. It's still one of my favorites

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Emilyr0011
on 8/13/12 7:36 pm
Oh, I love these too! Yum!

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

beckyinkc
on 8/13/12 8:52 pm
VSG on 07/25/12
I'm in the mushy phase, too.  First, I should say, you should follow the plan your clinic/surgeon/nutritionist gave you.  That being said, here are some things I've had or read about people eating in this stage:

Eggs
Canned tuna
Chili
Refried beans
Oatmeal
Laughing Cow cheese wedges
Babybel cheese rounds
Cottage cheese
String cheese
Deli ham and chicken (I got the really thin stuff)
Egg salad
Ricotta bake (I have to get the stuff to try this ... apparently it is to die for!)
Yogurt
Chicken salad
Mashed potatoes
Very soft cooked, peeled vegetables
Canned, peeled fruit (no sugar added)
Baked/broiled/roasted fish

Like I said, those are things I've read about people having or that are on my surgeon's plan.

susanjean
on 8/14/12 5:47 am - IN
Thank you so much!!!  I really appreciate this!!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views