Chewable vits

Nancy S.
on 8/13/12 7:07 pm
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what is your favorite chewable vitamin and also has any one had the chewable iron pills, And what do you get for constipation if that was to happen?

Thanks for your input I love this group.

Nancy
Nadurra Deb
on 8/13/12 7:15 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
My chewable multi vitamin is part of a line called Bariatric Support by Twinlabs. I get them at a local heath food supermarket called Sprouts. It's a larger chewable. I break it up and chew up like 1/4 at a time. I also like their calcium waffers. They taste like mild sweet tarts.

I have been taking like 1/4 of a dose of the powdered Miralax every morning. I have not had constipation but it seems to keep things moving.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Nancy S.
on 8/13/12 8:11 pm
thanks I will have to run over to sprouts and give those a try especially the calcium wafers, will that replace my calcium citrate I am taking now?

Thank you for the advice

Nancy
Nadurra Deb
on 8/14/12 4:00 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Yes that is Calcium citrate...fyi...the calcium waffers do have 5g of Carbs in a daily serving (4 waffers)...just in case you are keeping track of carbs. I didn't realize or even think of that until now. I'm not sure if I will find another down the road or not because of that.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Emilyr0011
on 8/13/12 7:27 pm
CVS brand Spectravite chewable multivitamins for Seniors - this sounds crazy, but I love the way these taste, they are like candy to me, lol!

I'm currently using regular iron pills, not chewables. I'm on the verge of getting iron infusions if my ferritin levels don't come up, chewables didn't help my levels so my doc has me on something else.

Magnesium oxide is good for constipation. I eat ground flax seed in my yogurt every morning, adds good fiber and helps with the bathroom issues.

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

Nancy S.
on 8/13/12 8:07 pm

thanks so much , Where would I get the CVS brand?

I love flax seed I get the powder kind at costco , Love it.

Thank you for the input

Nancy

Shagdoll
on 8/13/12 10:57 pm
I actually take an adult chewable multi vitamin with minerals from Trader Joe's that has iron & only needs to be taken once a day. It costs $7.99 for a 3 month supply & they taste pretty decent. I still take the Bariatric Advantage calcium + Vit D chewables because I don't want to swallow horse pills or take the chews because of their carb content. So far my vitamin levels have been great.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 372 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 413 views