My fitness pal / Fit Bit Ultra

Michael L.
on 8/14/12 5:15 am - Fall River, MA
Good morning everyone!

I have recently signed up for Mfp. I have logged in a few times, but haven't used their log yet for food and exercise etc. I also just purchased a Fitbit Ultra as well. I was wondering if there was anyone on here who was a whiz at using both of those items intergrated for maximum effect.

My next question would be then. Out of those of you who both items together. Would someone be willing to help me set mine up and walk me thru it maybe over the phone to use them both through one software etc. I May be explaining it wrong. If your a pro you'll probably know what I'm referring to.

I don't wanna come across nervy, I'd be willing to compensate someone a couple bucks for their time.

Please reply here or private message me if that's something you'd be interested in.

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

happyteacher
on 8/13/12 10:51 pm, edited 8/14/12 12:51 am
 Hi Michael,

I use both.  I would be happy to help and for no charge, lol.  PM me.

Edit:  I made a video for you.  It is broken into 2 parts.  This is my first attempt at screencasting so it was great practice for me to get ready for the school year next year, but with that said I made no attempt to edit or make it more professional than what it is.  On part 2 start it at 1:20... the first section is my looking around trying to find where to manually change goals and it took me a while to remember where to do that.  I tried to password protect the videos so if you are prompted the password is "oh" without the quotes.

Part 1:   http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/clj2oc7xm 
Part 2:   http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/clj22p7xk  (start at 1:23  to skip me searching for what I was looking for)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

itzmetinab
on 8/14/12 1:06 pm - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 I've had a fit bit since well before surgery.  Do you feel it's accurate?  I'm not really consistent with it because I feel like it's off.  Maybe I should watch your videos and give it a try again!

Highest weight:  294  Surgery Weight:  281  Goal weight:  150
M1 - 20.6 M2 - 16.6 M3 - 17 M4 - 11 M5 -10.2

Jenfur
on 8/14/12 5:52 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Mine work together and all I had to do was go to the app gallery on the fitbit dashboard (mine was towards the top on the right side of the page) and follow the instructions.  It was really easy and now my fitbit communicates my exercise to MFP and the food/calories I enter on MFP is on my fitbit page. 

happyteacher
on 8/14/12 12:00 am, edited 8/14/12 12:06 am
happyteacher
on 8/14/12 1:45 pm
 I have almost nothing about the fitbit on the video- just mfp info.  At the very end of the 2nd one I just show where to go to link the fitbit.

As far as accuracy- with any of the exercise estimates I look for trends more so than using calories to eat back.  Consequently, if the estmates are off they will be off in the same way each time so a trend will be useful. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Michael L.
on 8/14/12 3:48 pm - Fall River, MA
thanks so much for creating the videos. i tried to watch them on my ipad and on my smartphone and neither will support the required java patch for that program. My new Macbook will be here in the next 2 weeks like i described in my PM. Would you mind leaving these up til then and i will watch them then. Thank you so much for taking all the time and trouble to help me to get fit and healthy.

God Bless,
Michael

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views