left side pain pls. help

kaye90731
on 8/14/12 11:54 pm - San Pedro, CA

I had my surgery over a year ago and have experienced issues with the left side of my tummy. It comes and goes. I figured it was probably gas. Well at the follow-up the NP wanted me to get blood work and an upper gi to figure out what could be causing this. I remember one time I went into the hospital right after surgery, they did a mri or cat scan and couldn't find anything other than some swelling. They gave me pain meds and sent me home. Well recently like for the past few months this pain has been kicking my butt. I won't be able to make it to radiology so I'll reschedule but wanted to know from others who've been in a similar situation. What can I do at home for the time being. Thanks for your input!

HW-221 SW-218 CW-138 GW-135

Sutterbos
on 8/15/12 12:12 am
VSG on 06/21/12
 My left sided pain turned out to be a kidney stone.  It was intermittent, but was the worst pain I've ever felt.  Was in my back and abdomen.  Just a thought . . . 

Tara1999
on 8/15/12 7:04 am - Stovall, NC
VSG on 07/10/12

I had very severe left side pain about 2 weeks after surgery. I went back to the er, they did x-rays and a cat scan. Through the cat scan they found out I had a abcess. I was admitted to the hospital, I had to have a drain put in and was there for 7 days.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find out really soon was causing the pain!! Good luck!!

TaRa Y rAmSeY    
kaye90731
on 8/15/12 2:43 pm - San Pedro, CA
Thanks everyone. I'm back home from a long and exhausting night at the ER. The pain was plain unbearable last night. They did a ct scan and xrays and found nothing abnormal. They gave me meds for home and I follow up w/ my surgeon. I'm taking it easy and really watching what I eat, just doing the liquid and soft foods for now.
beckyinkc
on 8/15/12 4:56 pm
VSG on 07/25/12
Man, that sucks. :(  I hope you feel better soon (and that they find the cause of the pain and stop it).

kaye90731
on 8/15/12 7:13 pm - San Pedro, CA
Thank you, me too :)

HW-221 SW-218 CW-138 GW-135

Most Active