Sleeve in septembr '09

Quillie
on 8/26/12 8:36 am - Belgium
Hi all! I had a VSG in september '09, so almost 3 years ago. Back then I spend a lot of time here and i thought I might give an update.

I lost most of my weight in the first year, reached a healthy BMI and tayed there ever since. I can still eat all I want, I still drink diet soda, eat pizza, and all that. (I originally went for a two-part duodenal but ended up never needing the second part) For some reason I haven't had to put in much effort. The hardest thing was adjusting psychologically the first year, I still wanted to order and burger and fries and maybe this or that. But I couldn't eat it anyway, and finally I learned I would have to choose.

I can eat more now then in the beginning, although it is still really a restriction. Even with food that flows through your stomach I can't eat a normal portion size. I've learned that is fine though, once you are full it isn't that tasty anymore anyway. I'd advice everyone to seek help if you are eating for emotional reasons, you won't be able to use food as a bandaid and will have to work through some stuff.

I'm pregnant with my first now, obviously I will gain weight, I'm curious to see how it will be afterwards but staying this weight has been so easy I'm expecting to bounce back. I am getting extra blood checks to make sure I get all the baby needs though!

Good luck to all of you! No one solutions is perfect for everyone, but this one will give you a real shot at obtaining that healthy weight!
HW: 115 SW:109 GW:68

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/12 9:44 am
 Congrats on the pregnancy, and thanks for the update!
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/12 9:53 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Congratulations on losing weight and staying healthy for 3 years now! Good luck with the baby. There are some people on here who have had babies after VSG and I am sure they will chime in and let you know how it goes with weight gain and weight loss after the baby and other health issues. thanks for checking back in!
Shagdoll
on 8/26/12 2:24 pm
Thank you for coming back on here to update us on your success. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views