NSV...Just Keep Running

michael B.
on 8/27/12 5:25 pm - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
 So I was on Cape Cod this weekend and went for a 3 mile run. Well I got lost and it ended up being a 6.8 mile run! I didn't set any course records(10min miles) but when I drove the route I ran and saw I did nearly 7 miles...well you couldn't slap the smile off my face! 
Burnsy  (ticker starts 2wks pre op)                        
mokee
on 8/27/12 5:28 pm - OH
Great job.  I think you are quite a handsom guy.  This is from a really old lady LOL.
Italian-Princess
on 8/27/12 5:42 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Mokee

Your comment about being a "really old lady" made me smile because that's how I refer to myself -- I just turned 65 last month.  I looked at your profile and am glad I did.

I have/had Type II Diabetes among other comorbidities (Chronic Kidney Disease, cholesterol issues, chronic pain from advanced arthritis in my back).  Your profile comment asked if you could have a sleeve if you have diabetes.  The answer is yes.  This surgery is amazing.  I'm a day short of 2 months out and I left the hospital off all med except for one pill for GERD.  My Type II appears to be in remission, my Chronic Kidney Disease has improved from Stage III up to Stage II, cholesterol is no longer an issue.  The one thing that has not improved is the pain from my arthritis.  However, I've been told that the more I lose, the better it can be as far as pain.

Sorry to butt in on your cute comment to the OP...........just wanted to give you some encouragement to look into this surgery.  It's the best thing I have ever done for myself. 

Good Luck.............

Ree (and Myrtle -- my sleeve LOL)
mokee
on 8/28/12 2:03 am - OH
Hi Ree,

I also have insulin dependent diabetes type II.  I am hoping to get off of the insulin.  You are the first one I have met that is my age at the time of surgery.  Were you on insulin?  I have many other of your issues also.  I weight 270 lbs right now and hope to get into the 100's somewhere.  The  pain I have is cronic and sometimes so bad I cry.  I was hoping for some relief and this whole ride would be worth it.  Naturally the doctors will not promise you anything just say could help.

I had to tell him how handsome he was.  I wasn't flirting but he answered me like I was, that was nice for me to hear.  Wouldn't it be funny to get a wolf whistle at our age after we slim down LOL.  Would love to hear from you again.  How do you friend someone on this site,  Not familiar.  I visit verticlesleevetalk.com all the time and not so often here.  I don't even know where you found my ageLOL.

Well keep Myrtle safe

Mokee
michael B.
on 8/27/12 7:30 pm - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
michael B.
on 8/27/12 7:31 pm - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
 Thanks Mokee, BTW I like older women!  ; )
Italian-Princess
on 8/28/12 4:40 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Sorry to have kinda hijacked your post -- I just noticed I didn't congratulate you on your NSV!  It's great when we do things we didn't know we could!  WAY TO GO!!! 

And Mokee is right -- you are quite the handsome young man -- this also from an older woman LOL 
michael B.
on 8/28/12 5:26 pm - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
Hahaaa Thanks!   
Airpun79
on 8/27/12 5:30 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Great job bro!
You're my inspiration and motivation.  I can't wait to be able to run 3 miles.  I'm up to walking 3 miles 3x a week so I think that's a big step. Hell a few weeks ago I couldn't walk to the mailbox without getting winded and tired. LOL!

Take care!  -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

michael B.
on 8/27/12 7:35 pm - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
 No man... You are the motivation!  Over 50lbs in a few short weeks?!!!  Awesome job!  Keep doing what you are doing, it's working. You'll be running 5k's in no time.!

Burnsy
Most Active