Hard to believe this!

Losin-it
on 8/29/12 12:01 pm - TX
Some one is scaming folks in these forums.  I got the private message below.  I guess the admins caught him/her and deactivated the account.  Keep an eye out for this junk.

Hello,
I hope that this mail will meet you in good condition. My name is Miss Sadia Matthew, I am a young pretty single girl. your profile attracted me while i was searching to meet my better half. i would like to get acquainted with you, since tribe, distance and age does not matter to me. I will like you to write me with my email address, so that i can explain to you more about me along with my picture. Here is my email ([email protected])
Awaiting your reply.
Sadia. ([email protected])
Surgery date = 6-25-2012   

SleevedLife
on 8/29/12 12:10 pm
Don't keep Saida waiting!  She doesn't even care about what tribe you are in!! She sounds awesome.

I have had great luck with random people reaching out to me through the internet.  I even helped a Nigerian prince once.   I guess my yahoo profile was so compelling that he choose ME to help him with a very sensitive situation.  I felt so special and honored.  I mean, especially since the only thing I had in my profile was my gender.  He could tell I was a good person, though, and one that he could trust.    He was having some trouble with inheritance.  I had to help him with some bank snafu.  I'm totally going to be really rich very soon.  All I had to do was send him a little money to help with a bank fee.  Nice guy. 

;)

These scams are so frequent, it makes me think that SOMEONE must be falling for them  - otherwise, surely they would stop sending them out.  

Sad.

OH is usually pretty fast to close these accounts, or else the sender closes the account themselves to make it more difficult to track them.

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/12 12:55 pm
ROTFLMFAO!! Just spit my tea out!! 

I get those all the time!! How some rich person is in need of my help and if I can give them my account they will deposit $9999999999999999 into it and all I have to do is send them half....really??? LOL. If you ever tried craigslist too for apartment searching....My wife and I life in a small village in Nigeria (famous) and if you send us the money and complete the application we will give you the keys...ugh!! oh and BTW, they are always doctors or some religious groups.
SleevedLife
on 8/31/12 11:32 am
Yeah, like 90% of the the time it is Nigeria.  I saw some 20/20 or Dateline or some such show many years ago where they actually tried to track down these guys that were doing these scams.  It was interesting - and depressing on mutiple levels.

Glad I made you laugh, though. ;) 

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

Shagdoll
on 8/29/12 2:16 pm
I don't get that crap, thank gawd!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/12 6:22 am, edited 8/31/12 6:23 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
 did anyone ever see that episode of flight of the conchords where murray answered the email for the nigerian scam and got his money back plus interest?  and the guy came down to visit him?  it was funny as hell.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views