Sleeved and home!!!

slwths
on 8/29/12 7:18 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
  My surgery was Monday morning. There were no complications with the surgery. Yay!  The worse part for me has been the nausea. I had to stay an extra night in the hospital because I could keep nothing down. Every liquid came back up...and as result, my body is sore...like when you have the stomach flu.
I'm a little nervous now as I am home and know I have to get a lot of fluids in me and protein. It has taken me all evening to drink a cup full of powerade zero. 

I am thankful to be on this side of the journey...just praying it gets easier!  

Thanks for all your encouragement. 

toniosmom
on 8/29/12 7:32 pm
Congratulations!  Did your doctor prescribe something for the nausea?  If not, ask.  It's important that you keep your fluids up or you'll be right back in the hospital on an IV.  Hopefully, all will settle very soon and you will be able to sip like a champ.  Don't forget about walking!  Here's your mantra......Walk Walk Walk, Sip Sip Sip, Walk Walk Walk..... repeat.  

DisneyChic
on 8/29/12 7:40 pm
Congratulations and healthy speedy recovery.
duck1975
on 8/29/12 7:53 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 I have been waiting on your post!  Congrats!  I have not had any nausea, but I took a pill before surgery and have had nausea meds a couple times after! I am in quite a bit of pain right now, because I got up and walked! I will be going home in morning I hope!  Have they been giving you nausea meds?  Take Care and we made it to the losers bench!

Shagdoll
on 8/29/12 8:03 pm
Nausea was a killer for me too but by the time I was discharged on day 3, I felt so much better. Just a little tired but rest & that took care of that. Sip constantly!
WHOO Hoo! Congrats on being sleeved!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views