Post op day 4

slwths
on 8/31/12 9:43 am
VSG on 08/27/12
  Well, I have made it to post op day 4.  I am still battling some nausea and definite fatigue.  I am looking forward to the day that I am thankful for my sleeve...but that isn't here yet. 
Anyone have extreme dizziness and light headedness?  If so, how did you control it?  Every time I stand up,  I feel like I am going to fall. I am being told that it is normal, but I feel anything it normal right now. 

On a positive note, the pain from the actual surgery site (I have 6 tiny cuts) is barely noticeable. Yay!  I have not taken any lain mess except a few Tylenol since I left the hospital. 

I hope you all are having a good day!  I appreciate any tips and encouragement that you have!

lisa2job
on 8/31/12 9:53 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
wishing you a speedy recovery on your dizziness!!!    I was so wondering about the pain,  some people say the pain is terrible and others nothign.....   well I will know next week. 

see ya on the loosers bench
slwths
on 8/31/12 10:05 am
VSG on 08/27/12
 Regarding the pain...when they first got me out of the hospital bed I was so shocked. I felt no pain. I thought, well, I am so doped up that I wouldn't. But have never really had any pain. I feel like I've done a lot of sit ups, but not OMG pain. I walked and walked and walked in the hospital.  Was determined to get the gas out. I did have some pain from gas behind my left breast and shoulder area, but that ony lasted a short time!  Best wishes on your surgery!

rmsimmons
on 8/31/12 10:04 am - MA
VSG on 09/12/12
 How long were you in the hospital for?  My surgery is on a Wednesday and I'm going to miss my daughter like crazy (she's 2) and she's going to wonder where I am .  Surgeon said to expect anywhere from 2-4 days depending on recovery.  Just wondering if you don't mind sharing!
slwths
on 8/31/12 10:07 am
VSG on 08/27/12
 I had surgery on Monday morning and came home Wednesday around lunch time. If I would have been able to hold in fluids I would have come home on Tuesday. But I was very very nauseated...couldn't even hold down ice chips.  So, they kept me to keep me hydrated via IV, until I was able to oldin some liquids. 

duck1975
on 8/31/12 11:16 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 I am having a hard time too, just dealing with the whole process!  I am on day 3 and just hoping for that day to come I am glad I had this done!

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/12 12:35 pm
IT's something that I think will go away, I'm two weeks out, and I still get some dizziness when getting up. It'll get better eventually. As far as the pain, I think i experienced more gas pains than the actual surgery pain. I was in for two days only because of the gas pains running to my left side and I was worried of a damn heart attack. so I told the doc i didn't want to take the chance of going home on day 1. so he kept me overnight to monitor, then i started to pass gas and was so happy after walking the entire hospital!!
rmsimmons
on 8/31/12 12:42 pm - MA
VSG on 09/12/12
On August 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, AngieRed23 wrote:
IT's something that I think will go away, I'm two weeks out, and I still get some dizziness when getting up. It'll get better eventually. As far as the pain, I think i experienced more gas pains than the actual surgery pain. I was in for two days only because of the gas pains running to my left side and I was worried of a damn heart attack. so I told the doc i didn't want to take the chance of going home on day 1. so he kept me overnight to monitor, then i started to pass gas and was so happy after walking the entire hospital!!
 I remember the gas pain from when I had my C-section-OMG I was SO happy when I passed gas AND managed to have a bowel movement wiihtout needing any stool softeners/laxatives.  I did get up as soon as my spinal anesthesia wore off-and made sure I got up as much as possible and did laps around the maternity ward.  I think it really helped...

Hopefully I'll be able to do the same this time-I hate being in the hospital and to be able to walk around always makes me feel less "trapped"-ywim?
duck1975
on 8/31/12 1:15 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 I had a c-section and this surgery does not compare to a c-section at all! I do not remember gas pains at all with my c-section!  I don't think I will ever forget the gas pains from this! Good luck to you!  I also was awake with my c-section.  That might be the difference between me and you! I don't know, but this has been really rough and I done my homework!  I did walk,sip a lot at the hospital and they did give me a suppository, which help a lot!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views