Water making me feel sick?..

slwths
on 8/31/12 10:09 am
VSG on 08/27/12
 I know I am suppose to drink drink drink water, but am battling. It makes me SO queasy. Any suggestions?

Jennifer H.
on 8/31/12 10:16 am - TX
VSG on 01/17/12
I recommend you put Crystal light or some other type flavor in it. My NUT told me some people are more sensitive to water after the surgery and they don't really know why. I am 7 months out and water still makes me ill, and I mean vomit ill. But if I put a flavor packet in that same bottle of water, I can chug it like I did before surgery. Try also to drink at room temperature. Cold fluids can be aggravating too.

Michelle T.
on 8/31/12 10:23 am - OH
this has and probably will be an issue for you for some time. i'm 16 months out and still cannot handle water. :(
i do drink alot of iced tea and vitamin waters. some like crystal light or snapple mixes but i find them 'too sweet' for my taste.
i've been told by many people on this awesome site to add a squirt of lemon or lime into your water, even a dash of soda but i like and miss the taste of crisp, clean water.
give it a try.
happy friday!
m ~

m ~
Jennifer H.
on 8/31/12 11:02 am - TX
VSG on 01/17/12
I agree about the sweetness so I get the smar****ers that are 32 ounces and only put one packet in them. I like the MIO too, but its really expensive so I just make my flavored water in bigger "batches".
Kelly-AnneH
on 8/31/12 10:40 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I find that *for me* straight tap water sits like lead and makes poor Fred feel just awful. Filtered water is just fine, most bottled is fine, dasani (sp? The one put out by the Coke people) bottled water makes Fred very unhappy.

I think it's the chlorine in the tap water - don't know what it is in the dasani.

Try filtered water, distilled water, different brands of bottled water - find something that works for you. Dehydration is NOT something you want to mess with.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

stephintexas
on 8/31/12 11:04 am
I still have to drink mine super cold and with something in it. My faves are sugar free koolaid packets and Liptop sugar free tea packets.

jengel89
on 8/31/12 11:38 am
VSG on 08/09/12
I have the same problem. I was admitted to the hospital for dehydration on Monday into Tuesday. My Dr. put me on anti-nausea meds to help me not feel so sick. Try Crystal light, like other people suggested.  Also, hot liquids like tea or soup. Also, my NUT said the flav-o-ice popsicles are about 4oz and those count as liquids. Make sure you drink otherwise you'll be admitted, and trust me.. to get an IV on someone dehydrated is NOT FUN!! I have the bruises to show it. Good luck and you can do this.
PaulaS
on 8/31/12 12:58 pm - TX
Vary your temperature of the water to see what you tolerate.  I went from lukewarm, to icy but can now drink any temp.  
I drank bottled water much better than water from a cup for some reason...
I LOVED lemonade Pre-VSG, but cannot stand it now.   Same with Crystal Lite - cannot do it anymore.  
I drank lots of hot tea during the winter and that made my tummy feel good, too.  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 461 views