Challenge for New People

Suzanne B.
on 9/6/12 10:08 am, edited 9/6/12 10:09 am - OR
Hi out there,  

What are you waiting for? If you are someone who is sitting on this board and you are reading ALL the postings and not saying anything—this is quite normal. I did that for a few months too. 

I was trying to figure a few things out about weight loss surgery. Having WLS is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. Right now you are slowly killing yourself with your fork! 

What I learned once I started asking questions there are an enormous amount of helpful people on this board that helped me along the way and answers my hundreds of questions I had. You can NEVER ask too many questions OK. Two of my mentors gave me an incredible amount of support from each of them and I am so blessed and thankful for their help, guidance and care and endless answers for all my questions. They supported me when I needed it, and just were amazing!

Ok here is my challenge for you “newbies" Please don’t give another day of your life away being fat and unhealthy. Start asking questions start the process of educating yourself and maybe set a date to have WLS. I had sleeve weight loss surgery 4 years ago by Dr. Aceves and lost 105 pounds and have kept it off. I have extreme amount of experience and I am more than willing to answer any and all of your questions. So get off the fence and start asking things that you are curious about.  

Hugs,
Suzanne  
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Tnana
on 9/6/12 11:31 am - MO
 What a wonderful post!! Sounds like you would be a perfect mentor!! I am still in the waiting/testing process....I wonder if they do all this to weed out those who are "on the fence" about having WLS???
Suzanne B.
on 9/6/12 10:25 pm - OR
On September 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM Pacific Time, Tnana wrote:
 What a wonderful post!! Sounds like you would be a perfect mentor!! I am still in the waiting/testing process....I wonder if they do all this to weed out those who are "on the fence" about having WLS???
Hi,

Well, when you get to the stage of needed or wanting a mentor, I am always out here.  I wish you great success and keep me in mind.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Carmen M.
on 9/6/12 2:29 pm
i am still going thru the approval process and it seems like forever, but next week i will have my 5th weight supervised appointment. yeahh I am already gathering all the information and making sure all my requirements are met before my 6th and last appt.
what can i say i am starting to get really excited, i hope i get approve.
i have to do a lot of planning before surgery so i am trying to read as much as i can, to learn what are the things that i need to do before and after. 

Suzanne B.
on 9/6/12 10:27 pm - OR
On September 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM Pacific Time, Carmen M. wrote:
i am still going thru the approval process and it seems like forever, but next week i will have my 5th weight supervised appointment. yeahh I am already gathering all the information and making sure all my requirements are met before my 6th and last appt.
what can i say i am starting to get really excited, i hope i get approve.
i have to do a lot of planning before surgery so i am trying to read as much as i can, to learn what are the things that i need to do before and after. 

Hi,

I hope it goes fast for you.  You are doing ALL the right things.  I did just want you are doing.  Reading everything you can get your hands on.  That is such a smart thing to do.  I am always out here if you need or want anything.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
beach_mama
on 9/6/12 6:07 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Ok, I'm here reading daily but don't say much but will say this...I am three weeks out today, feel great, down 20 lbs post surgery. I too had Dr. Aceves, he and his team were wonderful!  
I do have a question...do you count protein shakes as part of your daily 64 oz of fluids too or try to drink more water on top of the protein shakes?

Suzanne B.
on 9/6/12 10:31 pm - OR
On September 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM Pacific Time, beach_mama wrote:
 Ok, I'm here reading daily but don't say much but will say this...I am three weeks out today, feel great, down 20 lbs post surgery. I too had Dr. Aceves, he and his team were wonderful!  
I do have a question...do you count protein shakes as part of your daily 64 oz of fluids too or try to drink more water on top of the protein shakes?
Hi,

Glad I got you to post something.  The answers is YES, I counted mine as part of the 64 oz of liquid I needed to drink everyday.  It really is a hard thing to get that much liquid in at first.  For me I walked around with something that I was forever sipping on ALL the time.  It is like a full time job trying to do all the things you are supposed to do.  Do the very best you can.  Drinking the liquid is really important for your body.  So just remember I am always out here if you have more questions.  Dr. Aceves is fabulous and I think he is the very best there is out there.

Hugs, and my private E-mail is [email protected], if you ever want to ask something and not do it here on this board. 

Take care,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
beach_mama
on 9/7/12 2:58 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Thanks very much Suzanne for your reply and your support!  Very much appreciated.  I'll send you my an e-mail shortly.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views