Guess What!!!

breiman
on 9/6/12 10:46 am - IL
It finally happened!!  I called the insurance company today and they said I was approved for my revision from the lap band to the sleeve!  It actually happened after months and months of gathering all the paperwork and dieting and tests, it's actually happening!  I can't wait to get this band out and start over fresh.  I hope I can be successful with the sleeve.  I also want to ask for prayers that the band did not do significant damage.  Thanks for all your support
katley
on 9/6/12 11:08 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congratulations!! 

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/6/12 12:04 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Exciting!!! I know how you felt and feel now that you are approved! Congrats! Do you have a surgery date? Who is your surgeon?

Amy

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

breiman
on 9/6/12 5:05 am - IL

Thanks Amy!  I don't have my date yet.  The surgeon's office said they will call me in the next day or two and give me my date and set up my pre-op apt.  My surgeon is going to be Mario Morales from St.Louis at the Depaul Weight Loss Center.  I'm so excited but yet a little nervous now.  I think this just might happen!

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/6/12 12:19 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
I met with Dr. Morales last year to do my revision, but then the Depaul hospital cancelled their revision program for people who had surgery with a different surgeon for the first procedure, so I had to switch to Des Peres with Dr. Scott. I really liked Dr. Morales. Dr. Scott is great too.

Did you have your band surgery there? I had mine with Dr. Wagner in STL.

I am excited and nervous too... I am sure I will be really emotional next week.

Amy

Amy

breiman
on 9/6/12 12:37 pm - IL
I had my original surgery at DePaul too, with Dr. De Latorre and Dr. Scott.  I wanted Dr. Scott to do my revision and I actually started the process with him but then found out he was leaving DePaul.  I loved Dr. Scott.  You'll be in good hands.  When is your surgery? 
Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/6/12 12:50 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Next Thursday, Sept 13th!  :) 

I really like Dr. Scott and I am so thankful he wants to do revision for other patients. My surgeon just said he would take out my band or give me a new one...otherwise, sorry. It was such a frustrating timeframe for me. 

I think that is why Dr. Scott left Depaul, he wanted to continue to do more revision work and the more complex cases. He is doing DS now at Des Peres too, or at least that is the plan that he told us at the seminar he did for revision patients.

Hope you get a date soon!! 

Amy

Amy

whnuwshupnastr
on 9/6/12 3:40 pm - MO
 Hi Guys!! I'm from St. Louis too!  

I'm still waiting for my insurance approval, but i'm a patient at Des Peres with Dr. Ricks.

breiman
on 9/7/12 10:10 am - IL
That's awesome!!  Hope you hear from your insurance soon.  Mine only took about a week.  Maybe we'll have dates close together
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 220 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 300 views