Just got home from the hospital!

Lauren Vento
on 9/10/12 4:05 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12
 I had my WLS on Saturday.  I had the VSG, and the doctor said everything went perfectly.  Yesterday, Sunday, I was already having regrets due to the extreme pain I was having.  I was just put on my clear liquid diet today and OKed for my full liquids tomorrow, and its been pretty good so far.  My biggest concern is the stomach spasms.  I asked the doctor and all he said was that they were normal.    So I am wondering, did anyone else have this issue, how long did it last, and was there anything I can do to calm it?  I am only taking in about 1oz at a time of water or broth with protein.  Any tips?

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

Grantus
on 9/10/12 4:11 pm
The first couple of days can be a bit rough, but it gets better quickly. I think the pain for me was a lot less after two or three days. I was low energy the first week, but feeling a lot better by the second week.

Wildcat-NYC
on 9/10/12 4:11 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Your doc should be able to give you a prescription for the spasms.  1 oz at a time is good...just sip slowly and do it all day.  You'll be feeling better in no time.

Congrats on your new sleeve!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Grantus
on 9/10/12 4:13 pm
Oh, oops. I misread your post.

laroc33
on 9/10/12 4:19 pm - CA
VSG on 09/01/12
Congratulations getting sleeved! I am not sure if my pain is the same as yours but I realized that I would get them more when I sip fast on any liquids this will be day 9 for me and it is so much better. Also make sure you do lots of lil walks that helps too.
MaryContrary80
on 9/10/12 4:34 pm
VSG on 09/04/12
 The doctor gave me Bentyl, which I take every 6 hours. It keeps everybody in the digestive department pretty calm, which I appreciate!! The first days are tough but you really will feel better soon! 
Butterz725
on 9/10/12 5:16 pm - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12

Sorry, no tips but I do sympathize with you. Those spasms are horrible but eventually it goes away. Good luck to you & congratulations on your surgery!!!

lisa2job
on 9/10/12 6:02 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
My doctor I love her so much she perscribed 7 different meds for just in case  before I even had my surgery so they were at home and waiting for me.  I used the 4 out of the 7 every day for the first 3 days then I went off them,  made such a difference specailly the anti spasmotic cause that sucked......     I could only do 1 oz at a time of anything , and it hurt to do that ......  i was drinking around the clock  jsut trying to get my fluids in.     its been 5 days and today I can already drink more at a time,  so you should be feeling better in a couple of days. 
the anti spasmodic she perscibed was Levison .....  works wonders
Angeliasha3
on 9/10/12 6:15 pm - NC
Hi Lauren,

Congratulations on getting sleeved. The spasms will go away in a few days or so however; I took tylenol for my pain it helped but take only one at a time about 15 minutes apart with a sip of liquid. It may hurt a little going down but it will pass. The first week was very difficult and there were times when I regretted it all but it gets better. Make sure that you're sipping on liquids throughout the day and moving around because it helps.

band2sleeve_2012
on 9/10/12 7:06 pm
Yes, those stomach spasms were very wierd!

My surgeon prescribed Hyoscyamine Sulfate 0.125MG sublingual. One every four hours as needed.

It work great and took care of the issue completely. 

5'6"     HW+SW 300      CW 214      GW 170 
                                        Lap Band Removed 1/16/2012  Sleeved 4/24/2012          

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 310 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 358 views