Day 5 and sick of liquids!

Melanie D.
on 9/11/12 6:28 pm
Ok.... post op day 5.....I'm so wanting mashed potatoes for some reason... have no clue why I am craving them because I rarely ate them before! I hope I am doing ok on plan though.... I tried plain organic greek yogurt this morning and could not eat it so I switched to some pretty liquidy cream of wheat and had 2 oz of that.... after an hour I started sipping on crystal light and I just pretty much sip all day long and then for lunch 3 oz of cream brocoli soup.... then sip sip sip all day and a sugar free popsicle.... then cream of mush for supper, strained of course!!  And I did sip on a protein shake all day and got it down little by little......

What else did you all do during full liquids? What didn't taste to bad? Just looking for ideas.... like I said I have been craving potatoes and also chili........ 1 1/2 weeks to go before I can puree them up!!!!!!

Sorry to ramble, I'm just wanting to switch it up a bit and add a bit of flavor without going off my full liquids until I can safely do so!
MzJ0nes
on 9/11/12 11:49 am, edited 9/11/12 11:52 am - NY
VSG on 09/04/12
 Seems like youre eating some pureed stuff already. I definitely cant have yogurt, cream of wheat or any creamy soups and im a week out, are you sure thats part of your liquid stage?

Melanie D.
on 9/11/12 7:02 pm
Yep, cream of wheat with extra mile, and plain yogurt only , nothing with nuts or fruits.... creamed soups thinned and strained..... what in the world are you eating?? You really are only on actual liquids??
Melanie D.
on 9/11/12 7:06 pm
Full liquid diet -  you can add full liquids to your diet. Full-liquids are basically fluids you cannot see through. They include the broth of low fat, cream bariatric soups, protein shakes & smoothies , skim milk, yogurt and diet puddings, and liquid protein supplements

That's what my pamphlet says, I can even have sugar free pudding, which helps when I want something sweet!

It is so weird that all drs vary things like this!
MzJ0nes
on 9/11/12 7:12 pm - NY
VSG on 09/04/12
Yea....my doctor must be a sadist the thickest thing ive had is a protein shake. Its annoying.
lisa2job
on 9/11/12 8:02 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
I have lots of different type of soups,  and my Dr told me I could have cottage cheese,  so I  nuked it with 1 tsp of tomatoe soup on top ..............  fricken delishious!!!!  was like lasagna w/o the noodles......  sf pudding so far is my favorite when I have room,  I mix with protien powder for an extra punch
Scandrona
on 9/12/12 2:56 am - Hollister, CA
VSG on 07/30/12
Oh!  If you want something that tastes like chili but is full liquid try this:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of cheddar soup
1 can cream of tomato soup
1 packet lawreys taco seasoning

add in the 3 cans of water for the 3 cans of soup.

I took this from someone else on here and it is AWESOME!  Tastes exactly like chili.  I put it all in the crock pot with a couple chicken breasts (on low for 8 hours) for my DH.  He said that the chicken tasted great so that's a plus.

"...If one advance confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." 
                                                                                                               --Henry David Thoreau
"Keep Going" --Sensei Jose Miguel Rosas

LilSleeved
on 9/12/12 5:27 am
 Sounds! Delish!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Melanie D.
on 9/12/12 6:46 am
Sounds great!! I'll have to try that for supper!! Thanks!
doggz109
on 9/12/12 4:45 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
 Can't help ya......I didn't start eating the foods you listed (greek yogurt, thinned cream soup, etc****il about 3 weeks out.

I was literally on LIQUIDS and yes it did suck but I think it helped me ease into food again.

I would concentrate on your protein shake and getting more of that in.  Things like cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, etc aren't really giving you any bang for your buck so to speak.  I'm still not sure why nuts recommend that stuff.

keep drinking your crystal light, tea, etc whatever you can get in to make sure you are hydrated (dehydration is still a HUGE concern at your stage 5 days out) and then past that....get your protein shake in....as much as you can tolerate.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views