Be The Best You Can

Suzanne B.
on 9/11/12 7:56 pm, edited 9/11/12 7:57 pm - OR

Hey You,

Be the very best you can for yourself and NO one else. So many of us have failed miserably at our attempts to lose weight in the past. Some of us have lost the weight to only gain it back again—that was me, and we just beat ourselves up over doing this.

Here is what I want you to know. Having weight loss surgery was my ANSWER to that horrible cycle that I had been living for so many years. I was older than a lot of you when I made the choice to have the sleeve, I was 63 and I am now 67 and I know that what I did has added 20 years on to my life. My health is so much better than it has been in many years. I have all kinds of energy, and I walk between 3 to 4 miles every day.

If you are sitting out there, reading everyone’s post taking in all this information, like I did I want you to know that this will work for you too. It does require work and effort on your part. You will have to be willing to make a lifestyle change when it comes to eating. I am not on a diet, but I sure have changed what I eat—small amounts of food and a lot of yummy things that are healthy. I have found out that you can have healthy food and it can be yummy food too.

I had a top rate Doctor and that was Dr. Aceves and I received great support from him and his entire staff. I also received a lot of support from the people on this board. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. By the way it took me 14 months to lose 105 pounds and I have kept it off!  

Suzanne
Sleeved 10/21/2005    
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MuttLover
on 9/12/12 6:38 am
VSG on 11/14/12
Thank you so much for your post!  I'm 55 and need to lose about 100 pounds, and have been concerned about how my age, never being "normal" weight, etc. would affect my outcome.

Your post gives me confidence that I can succeed this time, and keep my weight off!

Suzanne B.
on 9/12/12 6:06 pm - OR
On September 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM Pacific Time, MuttLover wrote:
Thank you so much for your post!  I'm 55 and need to lose about 100 pounds, and have been concerned about how my age, never being "normal" weight, etc. would affect my outcome.

Your post gives me confidence that I can succeed this time, and keep my weight off!

Hi,

Sure you can do this.  It has very little to do with age.  If you have your head in the right place, and I am sure you do, then you are going to be as successful at weight loss surgery as I was.

I am always out here to cheer you on, answer any of your question and help you in any way I can.  I have 1,000's of questions and I had two very nice ladies who were always patient and let me ask all my questions.  So I know how important it is to have someone to go to. 

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views